Advice from you kind ladies

emmabeg

Reaction score
I haven't been on the forum much since Freya was born as I have been in & out of hospital with infections :( however my question is the wee one always seems to be squeezing and takes ages to do a poo, I did ask the midwife but she said as along as her tummy wasn't hard and she was pooing every couple of days not to worry. She just turns herself all red and looks in pain, what would you ladies advise.

P.s - first babies are a minefield. X

This happens to my lo sometimes when doing her first poo of the day as that one can be quite hard. I wouldn't worry as long as Freya is hydrated. Does it help any if you sit her upright so its easier to push out ( like giving birth) x

Last edited:
My lo only pooed once or twice a week to begin with. He strained when he did but wasn't upset. HV said same as what you were told as well as that he was just learning to poo.

You could try half an oz/ an oz of cooled boiled water every so often, like between feeds, to see if that gets things moving and softening up.

Xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I heard the same thing - if she poos regularly, her tummy is soft and her poo is normal (not hard), then it's all fine x

I was told vaseline on the bum...never tried it though and not sure if.it works x

I rub little ones belly clock wise and very gently as well as cycle her legs (obviously not at same time) in the morning this seems to get things moving
Sorry to hear about infections hope you're on the mend x

Hello! Been researching the whole 'poo' thing a lot recently as LO hadn't gone for week and basically as long as what comes out is soft and u r getting enough wet nappies and LO isn't upset and in a lot if discomfort think its ok! Hard poop and blood in poop r signs of constipation but think the straining is normal as long as what comes out isn't hard ( if that makes sense?!!!) Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back