aches and pains everyday - is this normal?

LittleL

Reaction score
im currently 12 weeks pregnant tomorrow (from what i and my GP have worked out).
i havent seen a midwife as yet and also im still waiting for my appointment to be made for my first scan...

having not spoke to anyone as yet and with this being my first pregnancy, i just wanted some advice/reassurance..

at 7 weeks (the day after i found out i was actually pregnant!) i started spotting. this lastest for about 2 days (very light and only noticable when i wiped, no clotting and not red in colour). i went to the doctors straight away and the doctor bascially told me not too worry about it as its fairly common to spot in early pregnancy (obviously easier said 'not to worry' than done!) anyway, the spotting stopped after about two days which was a relief but ever since about 5 weeks pregnant, i've been having very mild cramping and aches in my lower tummy everyday (at first, before i found at i was pregnant i just thought it was because i was due on).

the cramps sort of come and go all throughout the day and as i said there very mild (almost like period pain cramps but not as intense) not painful assuch, just uncomfortable.
I've read online that aches and pains are fairly common and aslong as there not servre and combined with bleeding then it should be nothing to worry about.... does this sound about right? should i be worried about these mild aches im getting everyday or is it just my body stretching and ajusting?

im feeling so down and low at the moment with all these cramps, morning sickness, bloatedness, trapped wind and tiredness - sure hope this whole pregnancy thing gets easier!?

if anyone could give me any advice or let me know if you are experiencing the same thing, just to put my mind at rest until i finally get chance to speak to my midwife!

thankyou x

Hiya Hun. Aches and pains are complelty normal, it's everything stretching to make room for the baby!! As for your appointments, get on to them, you shouldve seen your midwife afew weeks ago and your scan should be due anyday! The doctor might've forgotton to refur you so give them a ring!!

yes i still get quite moderate stetching pains especially if i over stretch or bend or twist xx

Hello Little L!

Congratulations, and yes all sounds normal, even the spotting is quite common, hard not to worry I know, but all should be well, spotting at 5 weeks was prob implantation as the embryo was settleing into the wall of the uterus. lots of change down there, and stretching, mild crampy feelings will be that X

Enjoy your pregnany, finding out as late as 7 weeks, you must have felt the first 12 weeks fly by!

Hi littleL

I am experiencing the same cramps, and it does feel like things stretching. I still haven't had any word through about appointments but i'm only approaching the 7 week mark. I would definitely get on to your gp because you must be due your scan soon never mind seeing your midwife. Does no harm to ask them.

I can appreciate the worry, this too is my first pregnancy and i think it's natural to be concerned. x

thank you all! :) that has helped me alot to know it all sounds pretty normal!

yes jj mum, finding out at 7 weeks has really made the weeks fly by, im 12 weeks today and it feels scary fast!!

i finally managed to get hold of my midwife and she told me that she hasnt recieved my notes back from the doctors as yet but she completed a scan card whilst i was on the phone and she told me she would fax it through to the hospital and get me booked in for a scan within the next week or two. I just can't wait to hear the heartbeat and see my baby. I still struggle to believe it (even if all the symptoms are constintly reminding me!!) but seeing him or her will make it all real for me and give me the reassurance i've been needing!

as im typing this im gettin cramps....it feels like my period is coming but not as painful. first time i felt it in two days.....is that normal for it to come and go or is it suppose to be constant.....first pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back