abroad

helsekia

Reaction score
has anyone been abroad in the beginning of december?were thinking of maybe next year (planning ahead i know) so we will have a toddler and a 9yr old.we dont want it really hot but we do want some nice sun. Ive only ever been to spain and its pretty chilly out there in december i think.we dont want to be travelling for hours and hours either so not the other side of the world :D anyone any ideas?

I have been to Egypt and Tenerife at Christmas and found the weather to be just nice. Would recommend looking for a hotel with a heated pool so you can still go swimming. They are only about 4 - 5 hours on a plane, would somewhere like this be too far?

Yes Tenerife is nice in December I've heard. Not too hot, just like a really nice summers day here :) My grandparents used to go a few times a year.

We took Isaac to Scotland New year 2008, in our campervan :shock: It was very cold, but cosy too. Mull (Tobermory, where Balamory is set) is amazing :)

We took him to France in the summer too and it never really got very hot :(

So yeah, Tenerife I say :)

Ive been to Tunisia in late november and it was nice and warm but ok for the kiddies! (I had a 5 month old and a 15 month old) :D

I went to Fuerteventura in early Jan, it was freezing over here, but lovely there! Not too hot but lovely and warm...

What kind of things are you hoping to do on your holiday? This may restrict where you go, Egypt and Tunisia tend to be hotel based holidays in my opinion whereas the Canary Islands can be more of an out and about holiday. I have been on quite a few holidays so may even be able to advise resorts if that would help.

thanks for the replies.both egypt and tenerife sound good but i would imagine very different :rotfl: well i dont really want bustling night life somewhere quietish but still with stuff for the kids.a nice pool and the sea and beach nearby would be ideal.

helsekia said:
thanks for the replies.both egypt and tenerife sound good but i would imagine very different :rotfl: well i dont really want bustling night life somewhere quietish but still with stuff for the kids.a nice pool and the sea and beach nearby would be ideal.

Sounds like you need the Canary Islands then :) Lanzarote is nice too, but all of them have loads of family resorts so just pick the best deal. About a 3 1/2 or 4 hour flight too so not too bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back