Haven holidays!!

soulem

Reaction score
Has anyone taken one of these?? Where did you go and would you recommend it??

We were planning on going abroad next year but now that we will be expecting a baby in May I dont fancy travelling abroad with a newborn and would rather stay on home soil!

We have 4 kids already and will have a newborn as I said. We cant decide which resort to go to, but want to be near a beach as OH likes to surf.

Any advice or memories from your own Haven hols would be great!!!! :)

yeah i love haven!!
golden sands at skegness is my favourite, but we have a caravan at Cala gran in fleetwood, but its nothing compared to skeggy!

we had a forum weekened at thorpe park in cleethorpes earlier this yr, was really good

Devon Cliffs is quite good....

Avoid Prestatyn its crap...

Newquay

We stayed at hendra holiday park with isn't haven but very similar.

Thanks for replies!! Glad to hear the Thorpe Park resort is good as this is quite close to us and we were contemplating this one!

Golden Sands is another too! arrgh, too much choice!!!

my nanna went to golden sands with a relative and their kids and she said it was brill, great for the kids.

i have been to blue dolphine just down the road from there, it's good there too

Ive heard that Blue Dolphin is quite good, but its about a 40 minute walk from where we live so we cant really take the kids there!! they would feel as though they had been fobbed off!! :D

Golden Sands is looking good though, but the resort near Fistral Bay is top of OHs list for obvious reasons!!

Oh just saw where you are... it'll take you aaaaages to get to newquay :think:

Urchin said:
Oh just saw where you are... it'll take you aaaaages to get to newquay :think:

:D Sure will!!! and with 5 kids in the car too!!! :rotfl:

:shock:

It takes us about 5 hours and we're in Birmingham!
I've been there a lot though so if you decide to go let me know :)

The down side to it is you have to get in the car to do anything off site, I would have preferred to be able to walk to the beach or the town centre, but you can't.

Also there is stuff to do with kids, like Children's farms and theme parks etc but you do have to travel to them all.

if you want to be close the the beach then golden sands is probably a good choice.
you walk to the main entrance of the caravan site, past a beach pub and then the beach is there. 4 or 5 mins walk max.us

i went there this june but we got caught in all the floods driving back so it took us about 8 hours to get home when it should have taken 4 :(

theres mablethorpe town just up the road, which you can catch a little road train to, where there is a funfair and streets and streets of shops and arcades.

skegness is about 30 mins drive from golden sands, but its a lovely place when you get there, and its not too tacky like blackpool!

then theres chapel st. leaonards which is 20-30mins drive away which has a huge theme park andhuge market which sells everything you could think of!

also, on the golden sands park, there is a seal sanctuary where you can watch seals being fed :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back