Abnormal periods after miscarraige

littlesunshine

Reaction score
Ill give you some information I'm not sure if it'll make a difference but here goes!
I'm 18 years old with a BMI of 20, so im nowhere near overweight I'm a healthy size and in general good health no health problems. I had a miscarriage in February and since then my periods have been abnormal(for me previous to this)

I have one day of very light spotting, more brown liquid appearance rather than blood.
Then the day after its just extremely heavy, no graduality just straight away, its getting to a point where I'm changing my pad every 1-3 hours.

It seems to all come out at once with lots of dark clots and tissue, I do get pain but only very occasionally is it too bad to stand up/move about, usually just tolerable period pain.

Any advice would be appreciated, I know I should visit the doctor and I have been since February but it was more him asking how I was psychologically not physically, so this I didn't think to mention as i've only really thought it was a problem the past 2/3 times.

Hi hun,

Sorry to hear about your loss. The fact that they've changed is pretty normal i think. It happened to me too but my big change was cycle length. I do think if you have to change your pad so regularly and are in a lot of pain you should speak to your doctor because no-one wants to have that on top of the hormones etc. xxx

Sorry for your loss! I think it is quite normal for your periods to change after a mc, mine certainly did. Although if they are clotty andvery painful Iwould get it checked out to be in the safe side! Xx

Hi. First of all I'm sorry for your loss. I had mmc last October and my first couple of periods were very clotty and heavy. Then I went normal length and flow but like little seeds in there so obviously still excess tissue. After a few months of that I had a 'clean' period if you know what I mean for the first time since mc. That was in June so 8 months after mc.

I didn't see my gp as every month I thought it's the last of it see how next months goes but then also for me the flow and length was normal. But if you are concerned please go and get checked out. All the best xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back