Abnormal cells, Lletz loop diathermy & TTC ?

lillith112

Reaction score
4 years ago, my smear came back as abnormal, I had cin 1 then biopsy showing cin 3, I had to have the loop that removes a bit of your cervix, when the results of that came back it said I had cin 1 which confused me, basically it was only the biopsy that had cin 3 on. Anyway I just wondered if this affects ability When TTC ?. I had awful trouble 3 years ago during my smear two nurses could not find my cervix, she said she thinks thats it which gave me no confidence. I'm seeing my GP to ask if I can be referred to hospital to have it done this time. I just wondered if anyone else has had this ? xx

Last edited:
Hi, I had lletz last year for treatment of cin3, it was a large area.
The doctors told me that we shouldn't have any problems conceiving in future but they would monitor me if I was pregnant and be consultant led as there is a very small chance of miscarriage or pre term Labour due to shortening of the cervix. They sometimes put a stitch in the cervix to make sure it stays closed until you're ready to deliver. They can give extra scans and measure the cervix to check things are going ok.
Hope this helps. I would speak to your gp or gynae hospital ward if you're concerned about anything :)

Thanks, I don't think I was told anything about it affecting pregnancy. I'm due at the Dr on the 14th February so I'll mention it to her as it's to check my fertility. I'm due my smear now, initially they were supposed to do smears every year for me for 9 years, then the policy changed and it's now every 3 years which is bad x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back