• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A work colleague has lost her baby...

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
I work in a lovely building where everyone is friendly.

Last year we hd a baby boom, there were 4 of us all PG at same time, and had babies within a few weeks of each other.

There is another boom at the mo, unbelievably another 4 are PG!!! One of the girls told me last week she was expecting her 2nd child, she has been having IVF-her daughter was concieved through IVF and I know she has been trying for a while now for their 2nd. She went for a scan last week @ 14 weeks PG and she hasnt been in work since....I spoke to her close friend today (who has been on holiday), and she rang her to see how she was. She went for scan, and there was no heart beat :cry: She has lost her baby and I am so sad for her :cry: :cry: She is off at the mo, but due back in a week or two. I have sent her and her hubby a card today from my section (She worked with us for 6 months last year) but I just dont know what else to do. I know I will grab her in a big bear hug when I see her, but I dont want to upset her...but I want her to know I care? Its going to be so hard for her seing the other 3 girls progressing through their pregnancies....

Oh dear how awful!!!

IVF must be triple heart breaking especially when you lose because you have to wait for it to take and its a whole diferent ball game a game of waitinf and stuff...

Im sure she will appreciate a hug from you, she may feela bit low when she comes back so someone to talk to would help maybe?

Just give her time to test the waters

xx

It hard isnt it i know but just let her know that you are there for her will make all the difference, just so she knows you are there if she wants to talk.

Give her a big hug sending my love too to her and her family at this sad time. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back