• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A very very grumpy baby, don't know if he is poorly????

MissSara

Reaction score
Yesterday i just thought he wanted extra cuddles and loves off mummy, he cried more than usual and hardly slept so i put it down to an off day and held him in my arms all day having lots of cuddles.
He seemed fine for about 2 hours last night ans we got lots of smiles, and then he started again being really grumpy and crying.
His nose is blocked up, so this may be making him upset, but when i went up to boots a few days ago he wasn't able to have anything that they had. What can i give him ??????

Last night he seemed to be asleep then all of a sudden he would wake up screaming and not settle unless i was walking round the room with him, singing.
And since yesterday he is drinking 5oz every 2 1/2 ours instead of 3-4hours.

He is very very off it :(

Didnt want to read and run...

I dont know hun. Mabey hes gonna get a snuffle, poor thing.

I hope he feels better soon. Eating more could be a growth spurt...

I agree possibly a growth spurt if he's eating more regularly, plus he could be under the weather. When Angel was about 6 weeks old she had a stuffy nose and a growth spurt, so her demands were alot higher.
If he's like it in a couple of days then take him to the GP for a check, just to put your mind at rest.

There isn't much you can give him for his snuffles..My HV told me one thing you can do though get the bathroom all steamy by closing the door and running the shower...then undress him and take him into the steamy room for a few minutes...that should help clear his airways a bit.

Also if he is in his own cot/crib you can tilt it up slightly by using bed blocks (or big books like I use to use!) and that also helps the catarrh drain away.

The extra food sounds very much like a growth spurt to me...the cold could also be a symptom if the growth spurt too.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug:

Chester got a cold at 5 weeks and I got some stuff from boots called Nasasil (I Think) its just a saline solution that you put a couple of drops up each nostril and it helps clear bunged up noses. It can be used from birth.

Chester has got a cold right now as well.

you can buy nasal drops to clear his nose, um you can also buy a baby version of vapour rub called snuffly babe in most supermarkets. when kys nose is really blocked and he cant sleep i put some albus oil on a tissue and tie it to his cot.

I was going to suggest saline drops too for his nose.
Also you can get those nose-clearing contraptions that you stick up their nostrils and pump the bogie out :oops: . Not very nice but it does clear their noses and is good to use before feeding as it makes it easier for them.
Also try Karvol capsules on a muslin near his cot. Better check the age these are suitable from though before you use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back