A night out!

Lyndsey said:
hope I didn't offend with my comments about not liking smoke.... :oops:

I personally believe its your body and you choose to do what you want with it....

If you did take offence please believe that this was not my intention.

Everyone has a right to have their own opinion :D

Me personaly, I couldn't care less about what anyone else does, I just look after me and my baby the way I want too :D

I went on a hen weekend to Edinburgh @ 27 weeks and had a great time, had one glass of wine with a meal, and then a gallon of diet coke!!
The only concern I had was the drunks in clubs, when they got rowdy I was getting bashed about and it made me feel a bit uneasy to be honest!!!
I am an ex social smoker, gave up day of BFP, but its so hard as OH and my pals smoke...I do get a pang when they light up, and I love the smell when they are smoking (although OH goes into garden now)
Its so hard to give up, and you have done really well, so should feel proud. :hug:

wanabamum said:
like i always say if you rap your baby up in cotton wool all its life it will get every illness and wont be immune to anything!
but thats just my opinion! :)

yup I agree.

My boss at work is dead funny as if i drop something (say my sandwhich) on the floor, and I go to put it in the bin, he goes ''the youth of today'' thats why people are always so poorley these days cause they dont let a germ in their body, give it a blow and eat it (so I do now lol) and its right, and true that if you let germs in, you build up your system so I agree completley with your comment!

I quit smoking straight away and found it easy as I wasnt a heavy smoker before, but Ive heard from Dr's that if your a heavy smoker and getting stressed trying to quit, just cut right down as other wise the stress your going through can be just as harmfull to the baby!

I go out all the time (not clubbing to town as its a bit ruff in bradford lol) but to the pub lots of weekends and always have fun!!

Glad you had a good night :)
just because your preg you dont have to turn into a boring house wife.
i went out 2 days before Dior was born the smoke did bother me as i dont smoke but i always make sure i have abottle of coke and not a glass just incase people mistake it for vodka and coke :lol:
i just kept my hand protecting my belly from drunks. but what made me feel sick was wierd ols men still were being pervy :eek:
pinching my bum etc. one man wispered in my ear "i have always wanted to do a preg bird" :shock: :shock:
i didnt really enjoy that night i was huge and uncomfy but when i was about 20-30 weeks i enjoyed it i even had a good dance. i wore lil tight jeans under my bump tight tshirt and stiletos and had a good dance etc

Tasha20 said:
Ive become very irritable in the later stages of pregnancy so I havnt even botherd going out properly, ppl would just p*ss me off.

When I have been to a pub for a meal with OH I have had a nice time, and they've always been non smoking sections, I used to smoke pre preg but gave up as soon as I found out, I couldnt go to smokey atmospheres, only becuase I would want one myself, so I try and avoid the temptation.

lol even after 9 months I still fancy one but I just wont.

I'm just dying for a fag too, gave up the day i found out and can't believe i still want one!!

babyjay1 said:
Tasha20 said:
Ive become very irritable in the later stages of pregnancy so I havnt even botherd going out properly, ppl would just p*ss me off.

When I have been to a pub for a meal with OH I have had a nice time, and they've always been non smoking sections, I used to smoke pre preg but gave up as soon as I found out, I couldnt go to smokey atmospheres, only becuase I would want one myself, so I try and avoid the temptation.

lol even after 9 months I still fancy one but I just wont.

I'm just dying for a fag too, gave up the day i found out and can't believe i still want one!!

Once a smoker always a smoker :D, my OH's mum gave up 6 years ago and still wants one :shock:

bless her!
its so hard but its so stupid as non smokers must actually think how on earth can inhailing smoke be nice!
and the smell non smokers hate the smell!
but too me they smell so nice!! :)
but too all you girls out there that have quit WELL DONE :clap: :clap:
if i was you i would be so proud of myself! :)

:hug: Thankx, But don't give up giving up hun! its hard but people do do it :D It's not just for your bubba its for your long term health too :D and how I see it is I want to be around when my little girl has children and grow old gracefully :D thats what keeps me going :)

Good luck and remember theres lots of support out there :hug:

You should only give up when YOU WANT to give up, i quit with my first 2 pregnancies but within a week i was back on them again!!! :x Then i quit for 6 months because my husband wanted me to for the kids, but then he wasn't supportive at all. I don't think none smokers realise that it really IS that hard, and you really ARE that moody when you can't have one!!! So again i ended up going on them. It was my choice to quit this time and with all the stress i've had this year i too was going to be a light smoker because i thought i couldn't handle it. And yes the first 2 weeks were utter hell without them but my aim was i wanted to be off them by the time the ban came into law, and this was a big excuse to do so.

Take care (and have a puff for me!!) :shhh:

Claire x

claire81 said:
You should only give up when YOU WANT to give up, i quit with my first 2 pregnancies but within a week i was back on them again!!! :x Then i quit for 6 months because my husband wanted me to for the kids, but then he wasn't supportive at all. I don't think none smokers realise that it really IS that hard, and you really ARE that moody when you can't have one!!! So again i ended up going on them. It was my choice to quit this time and with all the stress i've had this year i too was going to be a light smoker because i thought i couldn't handle it. And yes the first 2 weeks were utter hell without them but my aim was i wanted to be off them by the time the ban came into law, and this was a big excuse to do so.

Take care (and have a puff for me!!) :shhh:

Claire x

thanks claire what a supportive person! :hug: :hug: :hug:
its people like you that they need on this forum! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU