a few questions...

Jade89

Reaction score
what post natal exersises did u do to remove the jelly belly?

to the mums who had stitches, is there a pain free way to poo?

do you randomly feel cold even though other people feel warm? i woke up last night sooo cold but OH was warm and so was baby. :(

Jade89 said:
what post natal exersises did u do to remove the jelly belly?

sorry still got mine!! But i think HV orMW can give u some exercises.

Jade89 said:

ARRGGGHHH I remember that poor you!!!! I just used to get some kitchen roll and fold up so it was nice and thick then hold my fee fee and stitches while i pushed!! and cry!!!!

xxxxxx

:( my belly really hangs down low and i don't want it to stay that way :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm also on iron tablets too, so that will make my poo more hard :cry:

Oh No... :cry:

I am just gonna drink loads of pure orange juice I think and lots of fibre to help make them softer!

Jade89 said:

I had an episiotimy and was so nervous about this I waited a WHOLE WEEK! By which time, it really WAS hard work :oops: Honestly, it's not as bad as you imagine, and my only advice would be not to hang on and go as soon as you can. :)

Hi Jade

Congratulations on the birth of your baby.

I also had an episitomy and was really nervous about going to the loo, what I did was to hold a clean maternity pad against the stitches whilst I was going to the loo and it really helped.

Also, prune juice is great for making no twos softer.

Are you breastfeeding? I only ask because for the first couple of weeks after Olivia was born I was always really cold and the midwife said it's common when your breastfeeding.

HTH

Lucy

I had an epiosotomy AND I tore (because they didn't cut me enough), and I'll be honest, the peeing is worse than the pooing.

I was TERRIFIED to poo and I held it in for 4 days - and then I found I COULDN'T poo - so I took some lactulose, and it did make me poo, but as scared as I was, I found that the pain wasn't so bad.
lactulose is good though because it softens your poo so it doesn't stretch you when it comes out.

The worse pain was from weeing - that really really stings. (I'm sure you know this already though!)
I kept a jug of water next to the loo, so every time I went for a pee, I filled up the jug with warmish water first and poured it down at the same time as me peeing, so it kind of diluted the pee.

It didn't help LOADS, but it did take the edge off a bit

As for the flabby belly exercises - I'm ashamed to say I never did any - and as a result, my belly is still ridiculously over-hangy. People still think I'm pregnant, and I haven't been for 13 months :oops:

Hun, it's only been 3 days :D

I gotta confess i didn't really exercise after either of mine

Stomach crunches are the best but you need to let your body bounce back a bit on its own before doing stuff like that

My HV advised me when she came out to us

My belly is still hanging haha. I exercised for months and got rid of most of it but then I gave up and I look awful to be honest. Where I have lost weight all my stretch marks have gone wrinkly and minging! Bellies aren't a nice sight after a baby but it's well worth it! Wish I was a lucky one who went to flat tummy! I didn't have a flat tum to begin with though so probably why!

I'm starting to think i'll never get my figure back now :cry:

My belly made me cry so much when i saw it after Jaycee! Breastfeeding makes it go down quicker and so does gentle walking everyday. I lived 2 mins from my mums so i used to walk there and back with pushchair every day, but only AFTER 2weeks did i do anything! Dont do anything too soon it could make u hemmorage(sp)! Just enjoy your baby and dont worry about your body it WILL go back to normal. Give it a month and start doing some gentle exercises then build you way up from there, dont over do it! :hug:

Jayceesmumma said:
dont worry about your body it WILL go back to normal.:

maybe I'm just a freak of nature then because mine hasn't lol

:cheer: i did a poo and it wasn't that bad :cheer: just thought i'd share...now 4 the jelly belly problem... :(

dried apricots are great too for softening no 2's! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back