a bit upset actually...

IIf Rhys could say 15 words and sign 200 words, I wonder if he would have said more if he didn't have the ability to sign

theres been lots of research on this area and even though a lot of people think this would be the case the opositie has been proven everytime. Signs accelerates spoken language development, even signing cynics do not dispute this. *steps of soapbox* :oooo:

ill update properly on this when the kids are in bed i promise x

hi just thought id give you my story my ds age 8 strated out being diagnosed with global delay and recently been diagnosed with ADHD & possible autism he is at the final stages of the assesment the just want to look at him again now he is on meds for adhd to rule out the sypmtoms are not down to his adhd but we think now he is calmer we can see alot more of autism coming through all his assesments for adhd and autism didnt start untill he attended school it was his school doctor that pushed for more test so only time will tell if i was you id push for a test as much as possible but they will only test him if they think that he could have autism here is a few things my son does
fidgets with anything
like to flick book pages constantly
has obsessions over ballons and anything that spins
needs alot of smell stimulations iee he has to smell everything
totally not aware of danger if you say it hot he will still need to test if its hot
goes nuts if you go a different way to what he knows
doesnt always make eye contact looks up to the ceiling when talking although he is getting better at this
doesnt realise he is doing half of the stuff
cant concentate (i think this is down to adhd)
the list is endless to be honest but 1 thing i did get asked was when someone walks into the room and says hello will your child stop what he is doing and look at the person and smile i was like i dont know he smile to me lol
the part of the assesment that just the parents go to to go through a checklist thing normally takes 2 hours for us it took 4 hours
if it does turn out he has autism you will get all the help that is needed and still can lead a normalish happy life autism varies on so many different level when they 1st suggested assing him for it i was like no way has he got that but you can have it just not has sever as most
hope your get somewhere soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back