A bit panicky about my first scan

rachy729

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to this site but just thought that maybe talking to other people may help me relax. I have my first scan next Monday. I'm looking forward to it, but extremely nervous too as I have had a miscarriage a year ago and I didnt find out there was something wrong until my scan. I know I am feeling different physically this time but it's so hard to shake the feeling that something could go wrong. Just feel like I need some re-assurance or something..

Hi hun I think we all feel scared when we got for scans and checkups as there's always the 'what ifs' that pop into our heads. Just try your best to relax and enjoy and I'm sure bubba will appear on the screen :) xx

It's natural to worry esp after something so terrible happened last time for you. But like you said you feel different this time and try to remember plenty of women go onto have healthy babies after one mc. I read something positive last night that helped me, that by 10 weeks 97% of pregnancies are successful, I think we too often remember the bad side of pregnancy. You have to think that what will be will be and you can't change that so there is no point worrying unless it happens, easier said than done I know, but try to be positive x

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. Hopefully the rest of this week goes fast so I can relax more :) x

i know how u feel kinda, ive always lost mine early on so cant imaagine finding out at scan, all was fine with my daughter but still nervous with this one

Well I had my scan and saw my baby for the first time - the most beautiful thing in the world :D so over the moon :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back