9 weeks - Cramps?

SpiritedAway

Reaction score
I got woken up this morning by bad cramps and backache. I havent had them quite as bad as this since week 5/6. They seem different and sharper.

Literally crippling lower back pain and sharp pain down below, my lower tummy firmed up this week and you can see a difference so I am assuming this is normal but what can I do to help it ?

Is it ok to use a hot water bottle on my back? I'm really afraid to take hot baths right now as ive been told to avoid them but that usually helps me.

Last edited:
I've heard that hot water bottles are ok as long as they're not scalding as they aren't big enough to raise your core temperature. A warm bath is ok too! Just not really hot as I think your core temp going up is what is bad for the baby x

I've heard that hot water bottles are ok as long as they're not scalding as they aren't big enough to raise your core temperature. A warm bath is ok too! Just not really hot as I think your core temp going up is what is bad for the baby x

Nhs said its fine wrapped in a towel but I didnt use one, Its only for my back as im afraid to use anything else. Problem is with baths is I love them boiling lol.. I did have one with muscle soak in the end as I couldnt move but just warm x

Last edited:
i had cramps all the way through the first tri, its just your insides adapting. i used to take a paracetamol and a warm bath helped me also. or try and stretch them out by lying flat.

i still get the odd cramp now

i had cramps all the way through the first tri, its just your insides adapting. i used to take a paracetamol and a warm bath helped me also. or try and stretch them out by lying flat.

i still get the odd cramp now

Thank you x

First baby and after the one I lost before this, think Im just a bit worried. Keep thinking ive had a bleed, night before I had a nightmare about miscarrying too. Been taking paracetamol purely for my back.

Last edited:
I did my back in at 6 weeks couldn't move I had a heated support belt i and had warm baths x if you have thermometer as long as it's
below

Water temperature

The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists recommends that if you're exercising in water – for example, at an antenatal class – the temperature of the water shouldn't be above 32C (89.6F).
If you're using a hydrotherapy pool, the temperature shouldn't be above 35C (95F). Some hot tubs can be as hot as 40C (104F), so it's best to avoid them.

I did my back in at 6 weeks couldn't move I had a heated support belt i and had warm baths x if you have thermometer as long as it's
below

Water temperature

The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists recommends that if you're exercising in water – for example, at an antenatal class – the temperature of the water shouldn't be above 32C (89.6F).
If you're using a hydrotherapy pool, the temperature shouldn't be above 35C (95F). Some hot tubs can be as hot as 40C (104F), so it's best to avoid them.

Ooh thats really helpful, thank you hun xx

It's a lot better now cramps have stopped, only getting a bit of stiffness but I couldnt even bend x

this is my first also Spirited and im really worried still dont feel as if its real now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back