8 week scan measures 7 weeks help

Bonusbabyno4

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Im panicking my 8 week reassurance scan left me feeling confused there is a baby with a fast hb however measures 7 weeks.
Im sure of my dates although they may be couple of days out at most so where has 5 days gone?
My uterus is tilted and was hard to find could this mean measurements could be out?
This I have attached a pic - any advice appreciated xx

Attachments

• IMG_3222.JPG
    IMG_3222.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 14
I wouldn't be too worried. My baby was almost 5 days bigger than was said earlier that month. I asked the doctor why it varied. She told me it depends on how the baby is lying. My girl was all stretched out when they measured her and she was "taller" than a 12w2d baby should be. I also have a tilted uterus and it will probably set itself straight when the baby gets bigger and your uterus expands. But in the beginning it might still be difficult for the doctors to measure the baby correctly. Hope I could help! Don't worry hun, next scan will make you feel so much better! :hug::hug::hug:

They vary so much in size at the early stage I was measuring a few days behind at my early scans 5 and 7 weeks and ended up being put a few days ahead by by my 10 and 13 week scan.

When I had a scan at 9+1 they said I was measuring 8+4, but told me that it's completely normal to be a week or so out either way cos no one knows exactly when they ovulate. She wasn't concerned at all x

Thank you girls I woke up in night and started worrying but my instinct was telling me the sonographers view wasnt great due to position of uterus. She had to ask me to half empty bladder and image or baby wasnt staying still.
Thanks for advice

Wouldn't worry hun; when I had my 6 week reassurance scan the baby was measuring really early; in fact there was just a gest sac. I had to wait 2 weeks where the baby measured 6+6 then at my 12 week scan where I should've been 11+6, the baby measured 12+2. So yes as been said their size can vary this early on
If there's a little one there with a heartbeat this is great in itself :D x

I went for a scan at 8 weeks and was measuring a week behind. Now at 17 weeks I'm still measuring 5 days behind but I probably ovulated later or just that it grew slowly at first, it's nothing to be worried about, it's very common to be a week out either way. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back