8 month old not sleeping thru the night anymore

SuziQ

Reaction score
Hi..

I haven't been on here for a while, so hello to all that I've chatted to before :wave:

Little lady was a great sleeper at night... but since weaning her and teething, she is now not sleeping at night.
I am sure she is having the correct amount of food in the day, have gone back to home cooked food only, in case it was the water content in the jars that wasn't filling her up.
She slept for a while at night with her legs up, so thought she had a bad belly... since feeding her different food, and making sure she's drinking orange juice, as she was a little contipated... she's ok belly wise now.. I think.
BUT... she won't sleep for longer than 4 hours at night without waking, the last 2 nights I've been laying her on her side, as this seems to help... but a hour later, she's awake, won't sleep in her cot, so she's in bed with me.
The LAST thing that I want a baby that won't sleep in her own cot... my OH and me haven't woken up together in the same bed for 2 weeks now... :-(
However, even if she doesn't sleep that much at night, she's still awake loads in the day, and very happy about everything!!

Any ideas?
I'm going to buy that Gina Ford book, the Sleeping Guide to see if that has any pointers.

I KNOW I shouldn't go to her everytime she cries at night, i think that is a big point of the problem... BUT I'm staying with my mum at the moment, and I can't really let the baby cry and cry in someone elses house.

Help please!!

Happy New Year one and All :cheer:

Suzi

Teeth maybe?

Baillie has been waking a lot recently too. I would try not to co-sleep with her too much if you don't want her to get too used to it. Try maybe rocking her to sleep or giving her a bottle to get her over into her own bed. This is what we do anyway. She will soon fall back into her routine I'm sure.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too!

Kim x x x x

I have been rocking her back to sleep, and sometimes giving her a bottle.. BUT as soon as I lay her on her back, in her own cot, she wakes and cries.. and cries... and cries!!
So I do give in on the 2nd or 3 time.. and have her in with me.. :doh:

Also... we've been staying with 3 separate lots of parents for the past month, that can't be good, going from a cot, to travel cot, to put up bed, to different cot...
I just wish she'd sleep a little longer :)

Bless her

x

Sam is doing exactly the same thing :? He's driving me nuts with it.
I know he is having enough food during the day to fill him up, I am sure it is teething or maybe just a phase and he'll settle back down to being the great sleeper he used to be :pray:

I do the same though as you and he ends up in my bed most nights (in fact I cannot remember the last time he stayed in his own bed all night :think: )

I hope you manage to get something sorted out with your LO

my 10 month old has never slept through :roll: :lol: :lol: it doesn't actually bother me though - OH & i co-sleep as a matter of course...

i can recommend the 'no cry sleep solution' book though - its been really helpful for several of my friends and has lots of gentle ways to encourage sleep rather than harsh cc methods. :) :hug: :hug:

I will look up this book too!

Fanks Ladies
:)
x

Anjali has been the same the last 3 weeks or so. :wall:

she's also being more clingy in the day

at night she wakes up apparantly hungry all the time when she's only fed 2 hours before.....a couple of times i have been so tired i just couldnt get up again so i ignored her and she's gone back to sleep, im tempted to put her in her own room now so i can ignore her more easily and only go in if she's persistent, but i dont know if that would make things worse and mean i have to go from room to room aswell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back