7Weeks.

Leahh88

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm new on this site and not really sure what to do lol. I'm currently pregnant with my first baby. Only 7 weeks :) Just wanted to ask any other expectant mothers about taking medication while pregnant.
I'm currently taking Venlafaxine which is an anti-depressant. Basically i just wanted to know if any of you had took this during pregnancy or know of any risks etc.

Leah.

I have been on sertraline when i got pregnant the last two times. I was weaned off it very slowly. i dont have experience of that drug but assumme that your GP has deemed it safe to take in pregnancy?
Oh and congratulations x

Congratulations on your pregnancy! This is definitely a question for your GP hun, as Cosmic says your GP has to make sure it is safe to take during pregnancy. I had to stop my antidepressant completely when I was pregnant the first time.
Best of luck xxx

Thank you for the feed back. I have spoken to my GP and there currently in contact with the psychiatrist, that first prescribed them to me, on what action to take. I was just enquiring really to see if anyone had any similar experiences. xxxxx

I stopped mine as i was offered another one i refused as they can cause heart defects and slight other problems if your worried read your leaflet they come with that's what i did as my partner was on the ones they were offering me. I just avoided them as it says the first and third trimester are the ones to try not to take them as they run the risks of the side effects more on the baby x

29 weeks pregnant. Team yellow x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back