7 months after miscarriage and getting heavy miscarriage like bleeding with clots?

adamsgirlpaula

Reaction score
Hi girls, long story short I had a miscarriage in May that passed on its own with no complications. Then in September I had my second miscarriage at 10 weeks measuring 6 weeks. After removing the sac and examining it they thought I was having a molar pregnancy due to the flooding of blood and clots size of tennis balls (sorry tmi.) Anyways, I spent a while in hospital and was give blood transfusion. I think i should maybe also mention my blood smelt foul like death (again TMI) SORRY GUYS :x Then after 3 months of testing they confirmed it was not a molar pregnancy but another rare miscarriage (sorry can't/dont want to remember the name of it.) My periods have been pretty messed up since the miscarriage and it has now been 7 months.

My period came 2 nights ago. Normally my periods would start off light but I woke with alot of blood on my pyjama bottoms. It has got worse since then with medium sized clots and lots of little tiny clots which i was told to watch out for when they suspected the molar pregnancy. The bleeding is extremely heavy and I am quite concerned about my iron level. I am flooding pads every 2 hours or so. It's horrible and just a wicked reminder of them few months of hell. Has anyone else had heavy bleeding this long after a miscarriage?

I am really concerned incase it is another miscarriage although there have been no fleshy blood clots as far as I know. I would really appreciate some help so if anyone has had heavy bleeding this long after a miscarriage I could do with the support :( or even a thumbs up to reassure me. I'm hoping its my bodies way of settling itself.

PPS its also my due date today :( its like my body just knows

Last edited:
So sorry to hear what you have gone through! I don't have any advice on the miscarriage side, but from what you have described I would get to the nearest hospital and get things checked out, better to be safe.

sorry youve had to go through all this. Although not as long after as you 3 months after i had a miscarriage i bled really heavily during a period it scared me so much i went to a&e. They scanned me to make sure everything was ok which it was and they just put it down to stress. They gave me a shot to contract uterus and tablets to stop the bleeding which stopped it soon after. I would go get checked out atleast it will put your mind at rest and they can give you something to stop it x

Thank you for your replies :) ill make an appointment with my GP in the morning and see what he thinks just to keep my own mind at peace. It seems to have eased off a bit now. It gets worse when im at work doing too much. Maybe need a rest

Hi Hun I lost my baby at 11 weeks 10 months ago An my periods haven't been right since , I'm now on one An it's so heavy An so painful it's unreal , clots the lot. They seem to be getting worse , we're been trying for 8 months for another one and it don't seem to be happening x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back