6month old gone off his milk

lora-p

Reaction score
My 6month old has started refusing his formula milk, he started by refusing to take it during the day, now he is refusing it at night time.
He has 4 meals a day (solids) and usually takes 5oz of formula with every feed & 7oz at nite feed, but he is now refusing it, ive been giving him load of water and juice to keep him hydrated and mixing his milk with his solids where i can, was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem?

Thanks

lora-p said:
My 6month old has started refusing his formula milk, he started by refusing to take it during the day, now he is refusing it at night time.
He has 4 meals a day (solids) and usually takes 5oz of formula with every feed & 7oz at nite feed, but he is now refusing it, ive been giving him load of water and juice to keep him hydrated and mixing his milk with his solids where i can, was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem?

Thanks

Hi Lora,

This is quite common and can happen for many reasons, the most common being teething and illness. You're doing the right things by keeping him hydrated and trying to get as much milk down him as possible. It might also be worth holding back on the solids altogether until he takes some milk? I know some friends of mine who have boys have found that they're SO keen on their solids they really don't want their milk!

Good luck x

How long as he been on solids if he is eating for meals at 6months? Maybe try dropping a solid meal... or maybe LO is just having a fussy stage. Their like for milk will waver up and down now just go with the flow. Does he have any other fluids in the day?

He has been on solids from 12weeks as he had a problem with milk and was sick all the time. Yes he has plenty of water and juice through out the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back