6 week check today

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
What do they do? I have no idea apart from they get weighed!

Lookin forward to seein how much chunk weighs now too. At 3w 6d he was 10lb 10oz so wonder what he will weigh at 6w 1d.

Appt is at 10.40 so will report back!

Hey babe good luck
The measure there length and head circumference and test reflexes and responses etc also check spine, testicles on boys, hips. I think there is a list in the red book

Is it a joint appointment? If so you'll also get asked several question to check how you're coping, physically and mentally. They may examine you but some areas don't unless you ask. They may also do weight and blood pressure but again depends on the area.

Good luck

is it the gp 6 week check or the health visitor one?

I had HV 6week on monday and she done weight, length, head circumference , n asked all the questions from red book, like has she smiled, does she follow with her eyes, alll that sot of thing,

have 6 week gp next week n think he does all the other bits could be different here though

good luck xxx

My 6 wk check was just for me with the GP - just talked about contraception, how I was coping, any probs, etc... Did pulse but that was it.

We have an 8 week check for baby here, and Joe's is at 1.30 today. I'm strangely nervous!

All went well. Doctor is pleased with both of us!

Henry now weighs 11lb 7oz :)

Glad all is well here we have 6 wk check with hv then I have an8 wk check with gp x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back