6 month old pubic hair?!

Discussion in 'Kids Health' started by Lulu_Laroo, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Lulu_Laroo

Lulu_Laroo Well-Known Member

Me and my partner have noticed recently that Poppy has fine, light-coloured pubic hair 'down there' and that there seems to be a little bit more every week or so. I wasn't concerned until I looked it up and found out it could be some kind of hormonal problem :( I know I shouldn't google! But has anyone come across anything like this? I'm going to call the HV today (or should I just call the doctor?)

#1 Lulu_Laroo, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. dollface79

dollface79 Well-Known Member

Google is evil! To be honest i don't know enough to comment but if you are that worried give your doctors a call hun x

3. Jaxx01

Jaxx01 Well-Known Member

It may be that she's still got your hormones running through her hun...I know some little baby girls that have bled down there as a result of the mothers hormones. Hopefully its just that and it just may be taking its time to get out her system xxx

4. charliebear

charliebear Well-Known Member

My nephew had this. My sister took him to the GP and he was fine. I cant remember what they said it was though.

5. littlemiss83

littlemiss83 Well-Known Member

TBH i've never heard of this before. I'm sure its nothing to worry about too much.

If it is a hormone thing i'm sure there is something they can do to treat it.

:)

6. Pudds86

Pudds86 Well-Known Member

i have heard of this before, and girls getting periods as children. I wouldnt worry, just pop to the GP to put your mind at ease xx