6-8 week check up

Bee7

Reaction score
Got my 6-8 week check up at the doctors surgery next week. Just wondering what to expect. I know they'll register baby with my GP but will they want to examine baby for anything? Or me? Will i see a doctor or nurse or someone else? When Jack was about 4 weeks old OH and i were very silly and had danger pokes (but used withdrawal method successfully...i think). As yet i've still not had a period and i know you're super fertile after birth. Would it be worth mentioning this at the check up? I've been worrying ever since x

I'm still yet to have mine so can't tell u what they do all I would say is yes mention it to them! But also how long has it been since birth? Could be worth taking a test but if its too soon u could still have some pregnancy hormone left so wouldmt want u to freak out for no reason if it was a false positive xxx

I booked mine today and it's an appointment with the doctor and the nurse. You get checked over and so does the baby. Baby gets immunised as well I think.

They will ask about contraception so you could mention it to them.

They ask how you are coping mentally etc and if you are recovering physically from the birth

Our 6 weeks appt was for the baby where they checked him over (this was posted to me) my 8 weeks was mine that I had to book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back