5 month old routine

kim88

Reaction score
My little boy is coming up to 5 months old and although we do have a loose feeding / sleeping routine he is just so greedy it just gets messed up and he fights sleep so much!

I just wanted to see what people's routines are/were like around this age, he is having 5 7/8 ounce bottles a day he's started having an extra 4oz at dinner time because he won't wait for his bedtime one and sometimes 4oz in the night (never sleeps through) does this sound normal? My daughter was the opposite and wasn't a hungry baby at all so it's all new to me, I just feel a better routine would maybe make him more settled but I'm wondering if I'm expecting too much from him.
He also gets really tired and is ready for bed about half 5/6 and is hard work of I try and keep him up later.

Sorry for the essay just fed up with feeling like I'm always doing the wrong thing!! Xxx

At 5 month my LO would wake around 6.30am and have a bottle
9am bottle and nap for around 1 hour
1pm bottle
2pm nap for around 1.5 hours
4pm bottle
6.30pm bath (bedtime routine)
7pm bottle and bed
Dream feed at 9pm of about 3-4oz and that would see him through the night.

Naps and feeding time always slightly vary as they do what they want when they want really don't they lol.

Your not doing anything wrong, we all just do our best Hun, dwe all feel like we're doing stuff wrong but it's just parenting xxx

Yeah I agree there's no real right or wrong it's just whatever is working for your baby. And each baby is different as I understand it! My lb wouldn't have lasted past 6 at that age and was normally in bed after a bath by half 6 at the latest. Think he slept through by that age (luckily) but was having 5 bottles during day, sometimes an extra x

I would just go with the flow Hun, my little girl is just 5 months and goes to bed between 5.30/6 and gets up around 7/8 but does have 2 feeds sometimes 3 in this time.
She has a breastfeed roughly 4 times during the day and either 3 1 hour naps or 2 long naps.

My baby had no routine it just doesnt work. I feed on demand and i try to give a bath at 6 then story then bed for 7 but she feeds at say 4 sleeps till 5 or before then cant wait till 7. I need to try and bring everything forward i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back