4d scan and gender

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by muppetmummy, Jan 16, 2008.

1. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever had a 4d scan and the sonographers not been able to tell the sex?

I'm going for my 4d on saturday and I'm dying to know what colour my bundle is. I'm worried baby might cross it's legs and not flash it's bits! How likely is that with 4d?

2. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

well i had a 4d scan and they could see his diggle fine, so I would say miles easier to see on a 4d :cheer:

BTW I think you are having a girl

3. KJLorraine

KJLorraine Well-Known Member

At my 4d scan she checked the sex using 2d. Once in 4d she never tried to check again. I guess as I am having a boy it's easier to tell! :rotfl:

4. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

Money talks and usually you've paid loads of money to get this scan and they will make sure they see it... :rotfl:

I had a 4d scan to confirm the sex because I'd been told first I was having a boy then a girl... and the scan confirmed quite clearly that I was having a girl.. :)

5. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

I think deep down I'd like to have a girl to have one of each. But if it was a boy I really wouldn't mind. I'd rather know now though so I can get my head around having whatever it is. OH wants another boy and James wants a brother :D

6. Candygirl

Candygirl Well-Known Member

I had a 4d scan and it was very very clear
    she even used the mouse to show me where it was and when she pointed it our it was as clear as day.
    U can see he is his fathers child hahhahahahahaha :lol:

7. Nicola g

Nicola g Well-Known Member

I had to go back twice for my 4D scan cos ive got very low waters and they could hardly see anyhting :cry:

She couldnt tell me the sex either because he was in an awkward position. So because i had to go twice they gave it me half price.

Hope your goes well and you find out :cheer:

8. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

We had a 4d scan but didn't want to know the gender. They said they could have told us though, so I assume you should be able to. If bubs doesn't move for you they would probably get you to go for a walk or drink something sugary so bubs might get into a better position for them to tell you the sex.

9. mrs_tommo22

mrs_tommo22 Well-Known Member

Mine confirmed Imogen was indeed a girl :D she went back to 2d though to check but you could see clearly on 2d she had a mini :D