• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

3D or 4D scan booked... Whats the difference?

JSS

Reaction score
I've just booked in for a private scan as my maternity unit don't offer a 20 week scan and Im dying to see the baby again :)

They have booked me in for a detailed scan on Thursday at 5pm.

They have said that it costs £200 for a normal scan or £250 for a 3D or 4D scan.

Can someone tell me what the difference is?

We've decided we don't want to know the sex... I'm so tempted though!! :lol:

If you can get a 4D scan for just £50 more than they would charge you for a normal scan - then I would recommend snapping their hand off!!!

Or travel to get one as you may find it cheaper? We had a 40 minute scan (was longer than it should have been as Libby kept showing us her hand :roll: ) and then came away with 6 prints, a CD with 66 photo's on (about 15 of them are excellent the rest are ok or rubbish but this is the nature of the scan so I'm def not complaining) and a 30 minute DVD of the scan -recorded to our own choice of music!!! That cost us £135.00 from Window to the Womb which is a company run by a married couple at their home which has been converted into the business - the scan is carried out by a doctor though as they have to check the hb and for abnormalities before they can go ahead with the 4d (as in any scan).

Was worth every penny!!!

Check out my pics on the link cloud has put up - 3d is the still imagery & 4d (time) is the movement on the scan!!

EDIT: Where abouts are you??? Its worth googling to see if you can get the scan cheaper somewhere........even if you had a day trip to somewhere?

Your scan picture looks amazing Emmylou!

We are definitely going to go for the 4D scan.

All my test results have came back okay but Im still a bit nevous incase they find something wrong!...Why can't us pregnant woman stop worrying and enjoy our pregnancies!! :roll:

I will post some pics if your interested xx

yay - post pics defintely - always interested!!!

I cannot recommend 4d highly enough - it is amazing!!!!! :cheer:

The difference is time, sounds confusing :?

A 2d scan is obviously like a basic print, like we all get for our first scan.

I took this from another site: -
What's the difference between 3D and 4D?
Answer: 3D images are still images and 4D images are animated, (so the fourth dimension is time). Both are included in the price of the scan and are recorded on to a CD for you to take home.

Cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back