39 Wk Middwife App..High BP**Update**

xJuliex

Reaction score
**UPDATE**
Midwife has just been, taken BP, its down to 130/80 so she said its fine now whch is a relief..must have been the hot weather after all!!!

Blood pressures high :( ..140/92 and its normally 140/70.
No protein in wee or swelling or anything and baby is fine but still not engaged.
Midwife rang the hospital to ask for advice on what to do about blood pressure and they said it could just be with the hot weather but she told me to go home and rest and is going to come and check it at my house again tomorrow and if its still up i'll have to go to the hospital.
what will they actually do at the hospital if its still up?
would they induce me early or is that just a last resort?

xxx

Sorry your blood pressure is so high good news that everthing else is fine and baby is happy :D
im not sure what will happen at the hospital to be honest :think: i hope the raise in pressure due to the heat and nothing else :pray:

you rest up love and hopfully it will go down :hug:

take care :hug: :hug:

Try not to worry about your blood pressure, I honestly don't think they will do much if you go to hospital just monitor you and baby. I think the fact that your water is fine is a good sign and I don't think they will induce you.

Also baby may not engage at all until you actually go into labour so don't worry about that either its quite normal, remember Tilly? Don't think her Lo was engaged till she went into labour. :hug: :hug:

try not to worry hun, take care of yourself x

places are differnt but if it it still up and you have to go in they are likely to..

1) do a CTG (baby trace) to check OL is happy
2) do blood tests to look for blood chemistry changes that happen with pre-eclampsia
3) recheck your urine dip and may do a 24 hour collection which is more accurate (they collect all your wee for 24 hours and send it to the lab to measure how much protein is in it)

VERY unlikely to induce you early so don't worry - it would have to be very high with other signs and problems for them to want to do that.

BUT..... you may end up in overnight so if you did have to go up I would take an overnight bag with you just in case.

try and relax this evening and hopefully it will be normal again tomorrow :)

Try not to worry hun!

Had you been talking a lot/moving a lot more than usual just before it was done?
My BP is generally low when taken at the start of an appointment but if i've been having a conversation it'll be higher.

Might be the weather too.

Whatever it is, the best thing is that they are aware of it and are looking after you xxxx

well normally i get a taxi up to the childrens centre and go straight to see the midwife but i had a walk round town for an hour before i went this time so maybe that had something to do with it. Anyways we'll see what happens tomorrow. At least i know baby is fine. I'v been one of the lucky ones had no problems up til now so its just typical my bloodpressure goes up a week before my due date :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back