39 weeks - update

Theosmama

Reaction score
It feels like within a blink of an eye this pregnancy is ending. I'm due in 6 days and I'm having the most random, annoying 'fake labour' signs.

In the last 3 weeks I've had 3 PAU visits due to reduced movements, I also had some pretty strong Braxton hicks which were picked up on the monitor when I was last there last Wednesday, however the doctor examined me and said I'm only slightly favourable and my cervix hasn't started dilating at all, and its still quite posterior. She did give me a sweep as she was able to get in there, however all it's done is play tricks with me.

I'm being induced on Monday (on my due date) as I had such a long labour with my first and he was 2 weeks late. So the consultant actually asked me if I'd like to be induced at term so I have a set date in place. I was really grateful for this, however I cant help but feel disheartened as I really wanted to experience labouring naturally instead of being started off from the very beginning at hospital.

I have my last community midwife appt on Thursday, I will be 39+3 and I'm going to ask her to only examine me, and not give me a sweep (just to see if my cervix has done anything more since it was checked last week)

My little boy is with his dad this weekend so me and my partner are spending our last weekend before he becomes a daddy together. We pick up our new car and will be going shopping Sunday to get the last few bits for our bag and go for some lunch (and maybe a push present for me ;)) I'm so excited as we never do anything like that just the two of us and its perfect timing before our little girl arrives.

I'm going to be a big bag of nerves on Monday, especially as I'm not being induced until 6pm so its gonna drag SO much.

So many people keep saying "oh you'll probably have her before monday as it's your second" but I certainly dont hold out the same hope!

Anyway thanks for listening to me waffle on. Anyone else due a similar time?

Wow after two episodes of reduced movements they induce you on the spot where I live! I had to be induced for that at 39+2. I hope you go into labour naturally, I’m sad I never got to experience that. Good luck either way. At least either way this time next week you should have your baby! x

With both of mine (now 8 & 5) i was due to be induced at exactly 41 weeks if they hadn’t come naturally but fortunately I started labouring on my own the day before with both. I’d say just be as active as humanly possible! I know it can be hard if you aching etc but walk EVERYWHERE, clean everything! Get on your hands & knees cleaning floors, hoovering etc. Have sex as much as you can deal with! Don’t get me wrong it won’t be enjoyable, your literally just doing it to get baby out lol & get bouncing/circular movements on a ball. Don’t sit down if you can help it & if you do make sure it’s on the ball :)

I agree. Be active. I swam 40 lengths then walked the dog quite briskly for an hour and near the en did the dog walk I got my first twinges - a few hours later I had my baby boy!

My mum fell while out walking the dog and I was born the next day - 10 days early... Not saying it's ideal but...
:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back