38 Week Check

Nicola

Reaction score
fastclock.gif
Wow, 38 weeks has come around so fast!!

Off for my check up at 8am....last time LO was head down and 2/5 engaged. See what the little monkey is up to this time.

Report back afterwards.

Hope all goes well hun. I have my 36wk appointment today and found out yesterday that I have got to have my liver function bloods retested.. yuk!

Well no change really, baby is in OFP and 2/5 engaged...they seem to think it's just a matter of time.....hummm I wish he'd come now he seems to be completely ready position wise etc.

Only downside is that we have been advised not to take a 6 month old baby to India (February) despite it not being malaria season as he would still require all the travel vacinnations due to his age so where me and DH might get away without having to have malaria medication LO wouldn't and would have to have it....gosh can you imagine a 2 week sunny holiday with a sick and cranky baby as seemingly the malaria stuff makes LO's rather ill given it can make adults sick as a dog at the best of times. Humm so waiting till 9am to phone and see if we can change the holiday to somewhere 'boring' like the Canaries (again.... :bored: ) at least the flights are shorter to Lanzarote/Tenerife than the 10 hours to India....so we'll have to see what they say at 9am!! Doctor has said we can have a letter if needed but just looking on the website they seem to suggest for £30 per person over 2 years old they will do their best to change it - here's hoping!!

Anyway bottom line is that LO is healthy, active, engaged, great position etc so roll on labour and delivery!! :cheer:

Baby-Cakes - you'll be fine with the liver function tests I'm sure. I had to have them done pre-pregnancy and again at 28 weeks. All was ok I just don't like having to have blood tests!! I enjoyed my 36 week appointment, it was the first time I was told LO was engaged!! :cheer:

Best wishes with re-sorting your holiday plans Nicola, sure it'll be just lovely wherever you decide on, the Canaries sounds great to me :D

Glad to hear LO is well, and yey on hearing he's engaged too :hug:

Glad to hear all is well with baby Nicola, and he's in the right position. Sorry you won't be able to go to India, a shorter flight would probably be better with LO too xx

Glad all went well with your appt hun. Get bouncing down the the stairs that might get your little monkey moving :D . I'm seeing my mw tomorrow for my 36wk checkup keeping everything crossed bubs is engaged.

Its a real shame about your holiday hopefully they'll be able to change it for you and you never know they might even recommend somewhere else just a good as India apart from the Canaries.

Good to hear everything sounds right on track for the birth! Keep bouncing!
I'm thinking of trying to go somewhere baby friendly at some point like canada or new zealand (bit of a flight though!) I bet there are plenty of places you guys can go instead of india, the world is your oyster!

Thanks for the replies....spoke to the travel company, £30 and we can change it to any destination, change the dates, flights etc - she's made a note that the GP said "no" to India so it's all fine, been looking at other destinations but honestly think we might stick to the Canaries....like your saying it's only a 4 hour flight (instead of 10!) and really with a 6 month were just looking for warmer weather, a pool and relaxation for a fortnight...thinking about Lanzarote, hire a car out there and see the volcanoes etc - disspointed it's not India but DH keeps saying "next year" so we'll see might get there one day!

Never thought to bounce down the stairs....might try that once I finish my cup of tea and custard cream biscuits!! :rotfl:

Hi Nicola glad all went well with the Travel Agency I bet you'll have a fab time wherever you go like you say its just for relaxation and sunshine.

Hope you enjoyed your custard creams - have you bounced down the stairs yet ? did it make any difference s'pose you might have to do it a few times.

Nicola - 2/5 engaged wow you're due anytime!! Get munchin the pineapple :)

glad all went well, hopefully won't be too long for you now!

Custard creams were lovely with my tea....felt sick afterwards though :roll:

Bumped down the stairs once....kinda sore (and felt stupid :oops: ) but might do it again tomorrow when I'm home all day alone!! :)

Went to Sainsburys earlier on....bought a pineapple the last one done nothing but hey I'm 2 weeks further on now - so fingers crossed!!

Update: Changed the holiday, costing us less in total than India was and were getting half board (Lanzarote) so the balance due in December is half what it was supposed to be. Woohoo! Means more money to spend on the new house in the next month or two!!

Yay its all exciting where you are nicola, pass me some fun stuff im so bored :(
Would love tyo go on holiday but with lack of passports and money its very far off in future.

Sod it though, babys coming soon and I own a caravan so might bugger off to hunstanton for the weekend

Oh caravan holidays are fun, we bought one last April, DH had been bugging me for one for ages....my requirement was a static bedroom, no way was I moving cushions and messing up the lounge every night!!

Come on LO's...were all wanting you here now!! Mummies to be are getting desperate!! :)

dunno what my lo is as in engaged state but think babys head was very low in my pelvis. all i got told at the 36weeks appt.

38 was abit crap cause i had a different midwife as mines off for 2weeks :(

it comes round quick tho dont it :)

Hi

Glad all is well hun :) and good thing they let you change your holiday hope you get to go to India next year but your putting babies health first :)
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back