• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

38 week appointment

Mildly

Reaction score
Just got back from my midwife's appointment which went well :D Basically things are the same as two weeks ago, he is head down and still roughly 3/5ths engaged. She said that he is firmly fixed in there and the fact that he hasn't progressed to fully engaged is no bad sign - she reckoned that would happen just before labour.

I explained about the period type pains I've been having and she said they sound like Braxton Hicks which really surprised me as I haven't had any tightenings of my bump whilst having them. She said that women experience BHs in different ways and that as my pains have been low down and near my pelvic bone that is really great practice for the best kind of contractions. Apparently the contractions that move things along the most are always felt down low at the front, around the pelvic bone and they are the ones that move the baby down the birth canal. She said if you experience contractions at the top of your bump or in your back, then they can be almost ineffectual and prolong labour.

Whilst she was having a feel she remarked that he is really running out of room which explains why he is engaged and still kicking me in the ribs :lol: Also he has moved round a bit so his bum is at the front of my bump, which she was very pleased with. Then she asked me to make an appointment for two weeks time but really stressed that I wasn't to worry if I go into labour before then. I'm probably being paranoid but it sounded as though she was really trying to prepare me for going into labour before my due date :think: :shock: I still think he will be late though.

It sounds like the appointment went well....glad he is 3/5th engaged...I want an early labour too! I know there is no way of knowing this but its funny how by checking they can be suggestive - early/late. I was meant to have my 38 week MW appt today also but they changed it to tomorrow..aarggh..

13 days to go - due date. Where did the time fly ... what happened? Did I just sleep through the past 8 and a half months? Sure feels that way....

Yeah I was pretty pleased with it - my midwife team are great :D I am quite happy for him to come anytime now, I never realised quite how uncomfortable these last weeks are :lol: Hope you have a good appointment tomorrow, does it feel like your little boy has moved or shifted? You were fully engaged at your last appointment, if I remember rightly so he is probably in the right position all ready to go now :cheer:

13 days :shock: It still doesn't feel that real, even with my huge bump getting in the way of everything! I found my pregnancy test from January yesterday (it's one of those clearblue ones with the top so it hasn't been leaking old wee everywhere). It seems like just yesterday I was peeing on the stick :lol:

Thanks laura :D

Mildly said:
I found my pregnancy test from January yesterday (it's one of those clearblue ones with the top so it hasn't been leaking old wee everywhere). It seems like just yesterday I was peeing on the stick :lol:

:rotfl: I kept mine too!!

lauranjamesnbaby said:
Mildly said:
I found my pregnancy test from January yesterday (it's one of those clearblue ones with the top so it hasn't been leaking old wee everywhere). It seems like just yesterday I was peeing on the stick :lol:

:rotfl: I kept mine too!!

Yay I'm not crazy then :D I was really gutted when the digital test ran out of batteries, I wanted to keep that one too :lol:

I dont feel LO has shifted but I certainly can see him move like there is no tomorrow...he seems to think he has a trampoline in there...

I kept the stick too...I convinced hubby urine would have evaporated completely in the past 9 months...he always has raised eyebrows to that statement when I say "HOLD THIS EVIDENCE STICK"...

and then over due 1....2....3....4...5... POP

Thats what I think will happen to me...

Neev, you're definitely doing the right thing by preparing for a late bubba! (He'll probably be early now :lol: )

G;ad the appt went well Mildly! :cheer: xx

Glad your appointment went well.

Bubs could come any time now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen