36 week midwife appointment

Mildly

Reaction score
36 week appointment went really well :cheer:

Met a new midwife who was lovely! BP a little higher than normal, wee sample clear :D She let me record the heartbeat for OH :D

Oscar is still head down and is now 3/5ths engaged :cheer: She said as he is fixed she doubts he will wriggle out again. I must admit I did think he might be as I've had period type pains (soreness down there) for the last week and have been needing the loo much more than normal. Obviously it doesn't mean much but I'm pleased he is in 'rocket launch' position :D

I did ask whether it was ok that my bump was so big. She told me that woman's bodies don't usually let them grow a baby that is too big to give birth too - except in certain medical circumstances. She said as I was tall it was unlikely I was going to have a 6lb baby but that he didn't feel really huge so she reckons I'm having an 8lber :lol: Oh and just looked at my chart and I measured 35cms so am not really that huge :D

I told her that I think he'll turn up on the 8th Sept and she laughed. She said it is a good strategy to expect him after my due date so I won't be disappointed :D

Glad it went well, and that hes getting in a good position :cheer:. fwiw though i dont think bump size has much to do with it, last time i had a small bump last time and they said to expect a 6 iber... he was 8ib 12 :rotfl: still dont know where he was hiding :lol:

:hug: Glad it went well for you hun! I can't believe you're nearly term now, I shall be waiting patiently for news that little Oscar has made his way into the world! I'm so excited to see what he looks like :cheer:

I am so impatient. Think we could fast forward a few weeks??? :lol:

C xxx

Thanks girls :D

Claire - oh no, I hope that doesn't mean I'm on target for a 10 lber :lol:

Clairey - I know what you mean, i am getting impatient too, I would love to fast forward and I totally agree with your other post about being fed up of being pregnant :hug: :D

I know laura, it is a bit scary! It won't be long before you are either :hug:

And thanks :D

Well done Oscar, for getting his head down! I'm not engaged yet - lazy baby!!

Heh, I reckon he did it accidentally. I'm convinced he is really long and I bet he was having so much fun jamming his feet in my ribs that he inadvertently pushed too hard and got his head stuck :lol: That'll teach him :D

Aww I bet your little girl will pop neatly into place in the next couple of weeks :D

Glad it went well mildly. If Oscar arrives on the 8th, that my wedding anniversary!!
Can I be nosey and ask what the heart rate was? Only to see if the gender thing is right,
below 140=boy (apparently) xx

Oh Happy Anniversary for then (in case I am too busy pushing him out to remember to say it at the time :D ) :cheer:

They've never told me what his heart rate is unfortunately, they don't seem to time it, just listen to it. Although at least two of the midwives have said that it is a boy's heart rate (lower). But they said they only tend to comment when they have had someone confirm they already know what the sex is. I have the last three recordings on my phone. After dinner I'll try and work out what they are and hopefully upload them somewhere so you can hear them, if you like :D

Mildly said:
Oh Happy Anniversary for then (in case I am too busy pushing him out to remember to say it at the time :D ) :cheer:

They've never told me what his heart rate is unfortunately, they don't seem to time it, just listen to it. Although at least two of the midwives have said that it is a boy's heart rate (lower). But they said they only tend to comment when they have had someone confirm they already know what the sex is. I have the last three recordings on my phone. After dinner I'll try and work out what they are and hopefully upload them somewhere so you can hear them, if you like :D

Awww, its ok mildly, I thought they had actually written down the beats per minute in your notes somewhere.
We have just been for a pre-op for my section and the midwife said our LO's HB sounded about 130-140!
Think dh got his hopes up a little! The midwife, as you say refused to comment on the sex. Only another
week to wait though! xx

lol ok, I think your LO really looks like a boy in your 3D pic. Hope I'm not insulting your LO if she turns out to be a girl :D

Can't wait to hear what you have though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back