38+ going in for extra scan .....UPDATE !!

Marianne

Reaction score
Well I go for my extra scan tomorrow as midwife measured baby small at my appointment on Friday and wants to check baby is ok,etc. I heard her saying on the phone "will they be taking her in if anything found" ... does that mean take me in and induce me or just watch over me and baby ? Also, I cant help but be worried by this as i'm scared something is wrong with my baby as it's measuring small ... Anyone else had to go through this and have some advice?

Last edited:
I always measured small had a scan at 37 weeks they said baby would b about 6lb at 40 weeks i was measuring 36 weeks, Tegan was born at 40+ 4 weighing 8lb 1oz so Not at all small! Im sure everything is fine Hun good luck xx

sorry i dont have any experiance with this but hope you ok keep us posted, im sure all will be ok xx

I've heard of several mums having "small" babies, only to go on and have 9lb +!!! Hope all is well, keep us posted x

Hope your scan went well today hun xx

I think it varies and bump size is just a rough estimation even teh scans can be off by over a pound either way. my 1st they said i would have big baby but he was 5lb 12 so not big at all the my others the kept saying they going to be tiny they all been 6lb odd born sonot too tiny but nothing was wrong with them.

Well, that's me home. We went in and had scan, baby measuring roughly around 4lb 8oz but everything looks fine around the baby,etc. I was then put on the monitor which monitors babies heartbeat, any pressure and I had to press a button when I felt baby moving. Baby was very active during being on the monitor but I had barely felt movement the last couple of day's, so that was reassuring and heartbeat was perfect. I then had a doctor and midwife in and I thought they were just doing another speculim and couldnt understand why it was so uncomfortable untill afterwards my OH set me right and told me it was a sweep and it was the doctors hand up there lol, so realised then why it was so uncomfy lol. She then talked about coming for another scan in a week but because how far i'm on that it wouldnt be worth while and she said she was going to get a second opinion on what they are going to do next. She came back and told me i'm to go back up on thursday and get the monitor back on and then i'm to go in on saturday and they are going to do another sweep I think, if that doesnt put me into labour then they are going to induce me on sunday lol. I'm shitting myself !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back