36w + 2 midwife visit.....

BeckyJ

Reaction score
had a home visit today to discuss labour etc

still on for my home birth as long as baby doesnt arrive over the wk end as i need to be 37wks

she is coming bk nxt wednesday to deliver my home birth kit, omg it all seems so real now :shock:

baby is fine and moving more than ever, when she was trying to measure me it was kicking and dancing and even put a hand in the way at one point, he/she obviously wanted to play :dance: babies fundal hieght was 34cm and 4/5 engaged so not too bad for this stage

bonus as well, i told her we were going to the baby show at the nec and she is giving us a voucher for bogof tickets :cheer:

Wooo you know me and homebirths.... :cheer: :cheer:

So pleased for you. My kit is upstairs in the bedroom. I've left it alone mostly as its all sealed for MW use but had a peek at all the paperwork and books and a few other bits.

Got all the stuff you need sorted?

I just remember bendy straws the other day in town. OH went to all the fast food places in a row to grab a few but none had them :shock: So had to buy a box of 100 from the supermarket. I'll have them for years as we never use them. I guess with kiddies they'll get used eventually.

Must buy a seive though still :shock: :rotfl:

we have the sieve :shock:

but id forgot bendy straws, thanks for the reminder :D

do you know whats in the kit they bring?

Sherlock said:
I just remember bendy straws the other day in town. OH went to all the fast food places in a row to grab a few but none had them :shock: So had to buy a box of 100 from the supermarket. I'll have them for years as we never use them. I guess with kiddies they'll get used eventually.

Must buy a seive though still :shock: :rotfl:

I had to laugh reading this. When I was in labour I used NONE of the things in my labour bag, not straws, not my TENS machine, nothing (anyone want to buy one? Never used!)

And the sieve was useless because it was all "bits of ming" floating around in the pool (the midwife was seriously entertained by this expression) - even the poo was in bits!!!! She just kept half unfilling and then filling back up. I was in so much pain I didn't care anyway.

sieves and bendy straws :shock: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
home birth sounds fun :lol:

Great new love i know how much you want a home birth :dance:
and happy to hear all is well with baby :D

sarah :hug: :wave:

BeckyJ said:
we have the sieve :shock:

but id forgot bendy straws, thanks for the reminder :D

do you know whats in the kit they bring?

Mostly medical/sterile stuff. You should be given a list of things you'll need to get in.

Mine was quite long but had most of it already. Just things like plastic sheeting, old towels, bucket (for weeing and throwing up in), old sheets for bed and clean ones for after are the main things.

Other stuff was black bags for rubbish, bowl, antiseptic soap, flannels, sponge.... making sure you had all the things for baby (room temp for delivery is 22C I was told, so made sure we have spare radiator we can move around) etc. Plus snacks, drinks.....

Ummm, my MW provides the big bed pads, but you might need to get them. Boots sell them. I got given 10 and she'll leave whatever we don't use so I can sleep on them if need be.

if I think of anything else I'll let you know :)

debecca said:
I had to laugh reading this. When I was in labour I used NONE of the things in my labour bag, not straws, not my TENS machine, nothing (anyone want to buy one? Never used!)

And the sieve was useless because it was all "bits of ming" floating around in the pool (the midwife was seriously entertained by this expression) - even the poo was in bits!!!! She just kept half unfilling and then filling back up. I was in so much pain I didn't care anyway.

If I have it then chances are I won't need it. If I don't got it, you can bet your arse its the one thing I'll need :lol: :roll:

Sieve wise I may get a wire one then :think: Catch all the 'bits of ming' :rotfl: I'm sure my hubby will be entertained :rotfl: :rotfl:

Glad everything all ok and set for your homebirth :cheer:

What are the bendy straws for? lol. never heard of the one before...xx

keli said:
What are the bendy straws for? lol. never heard of the one before...xx

You will need

3 bendy straws
2 large paper cups with lids (but don't actually use them both)

First you take a straw each, you and OH. Then you pretend to have a Jedi light saber fight with each other. One is Darth Vadar, the other Luke Skywalker. Its very cool.

Then you get 1 of the empty large paper cups without plastic lid. Give this one to whoever is Luke. Then whoever is Darth pretends to lop your hand off with said lightsaber bendy straw. Whoever is Luke sticks their hand inside the cup and does their best Luke Skywalker impersonation losing his hand with a Darth Vadar straw strike!

:dance:

The other paper cup with lid, you fill with water/juice, stick bendy straw in and drink from :rotfl:

Sorry, my bad, could not resist :roll:

Just to be able to drink more easily. Straws that don't bend are awkward. You will be maybe wanting to sip a drink and have someone else holding it, so bendy straw makes sense :)

:hug: :hug:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
this thread made me giggle!

My OH kept going on and on about getting a sieve so I let him. Lol.
My midwife hasn't given me a list yet, I see her again a week tomorrow! So let's hope i don't go into labour before then!

I have towels
4 cheap shower curtains (midwife did say they worked well as floor coverings)
I have a bucket
And the pool :D
And a TENS machine...

i think we've got anything else we might need too... at least i hope so!

But yay Becky .. it's all go for us now :D

Debeccas Tens machine

If your selling bex, I'll buy....Unless you need it for your next birth.... :) :lol:

BeckyJ: glad your appointment went well. Full steam ahead now! :cheer: :hug: :cheer:

Edit: Clicked the wrong quote and looked like I wanted to buy poo or a sieve :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: thought you were being serious!!.. A way to past the time and take our minds off the pain lol... till i got to the bottom :doh: xx

keli said:
:rotfl: thought you were being serious!!.. A way to past the time and take our minds off the pain lol... till i got to the bottom :doh: xx

Hehe my bad :lol:

Still it gave you a giggle :hug:

:lol:

My uber geek hubby was most impressed with my reply. So much so he Tweeted about it it online.

How I can make a hossie bag item into a SW geek fest :roll: :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back