• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

36 Week Midwife Appointment - Home Birth

Mrs_Jay

Reaction score
My blood pressure is still low :cheer:. This was the appoinment i was worried about because thats when it went up with DS. So im still all set for my home birth :cheer:. Im measuring 2 weeks under but she didnt seem too worried and estimated that he wouldnt be as big as Jack and be 7 and a half ibs. we shall see :lol:. Hes only 1/5 engaged atm but apparently thats normal for a 2nd baby. Talked loads about home birth and ive got my home visit on the 8th sept to go through it all and check im suitable :? . Funny thing was when i told her my address she said ooo your next door neighbours pregnant as well ( :rotfl: i didnt even know lol, i dont really get on that well with my neighbours) and that i wasnt to say anything to her because she was rejected for a home birth. Which got me wondering other than for medical reasons why can you get rejected for a home birth? Im paranoid about the house not being tidy enough now :rotfl:. There was something else i didnt know either, apparently if i have to be transfered to hospital while in labour Bob wont be allowed in the ambalence with me and will have to make his own way there. Isn't that a bit odd? Also rather awkward since he doesnt drive..

Glad things are looking good for it hun!

We originally had a home birth booked and they did recommend having two birthing partners, incl one that drives, for that kind of reason and also incase more G&A needed to be collected from the hospital.

The only reasons I seem to remember were medical for being declined. There were also a few things that were required and she checked we had eg; lamp, sheets, warm running water, heating that works etc.

Fingers crossed your BP stays low and it all goes smoothly! :)

Hope that BP stays low lovely and you can have a wonderful home birth experience :hug: loadsa Love Sarah xxxx

hey hun :wave: hope your ok!!

really hoping you get your home birth :pray:

not long now hunny!! :cheer:

They can't really reject you for a homebirth. I find that strange. My MW regardless of if she had agreed with me or not would have had to attend my homebirth. Luckily she supported me even when I was advised against it by my Registrars and Consultant.

They can advise against having one for medical reasons but outside of that, it is pretty much personal choice afaik. We never had to meet any criteria in our house for my homebirth. So long as you have hot running water and can provide a decent temp for the room where baby is to be born thats all that matters (might need to heat it and room baby will be in after being born). You'll need to get a few things in for the MW (plastic sheeting etc) but other than that I can't think of anything. And tbh none of those are reasons for refusal per se.

My MW certainly never came to our house to check it out and ensure it was suitable. She asked if we had a clear access to outside in case of needing to go out on a stretcher for whatever reason. She knew I wanted a waterbirth and was fine with that. Also she asked where our bathroom was and where I hoped to labour (ir upstairs or down etc) but other than that, zip. Our cottage is small but it wasn't a problem.

Good luck with it all :)

Yay for your home birth!! :cheer: Glad everything is going well for you and I'm sure your home visit will be fine. Good luck hun :hug:

Oh that's great news Claire!! :cheer:

I'm so happy for you! I really hope nothing changes and everything goes to plan :D

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back