36 week appointment

.Ruth.

Reaction score
So I have this check up on Tues and I'm getting curious... reading lots of things online about women knowing about how their cervix is either high/low hard/soft.

Does the midwife check this at a particular time?

I know baby is low and she always checks my bump... will she ever check me internally?

My first internal check was at 40+1 with exception of check I had earlier on in preg with smear due to random bleeds. X

I feel like the mw's don't really tell me anything at my check ups they just say all looking well which I'm happy with as would rather this than tell me something bad but I have wondered when they will check me internally also I am getting bloods done again at 38 weeks which I thought strange as my bloods were fine at 28 weeks but I think its regular practice in Scotland as far as I can tell x

I feel like the mw's don't really tell me anything at my check ups they just say all looking well which I'm happy with as would rather this than tell me something bad but I have wondered when they will check me internally also I am getting bloods done again at 38 weeks which I thought strange as my bloods were fine at 28 weeks but I think its regular practice in Scotland as far as I can tell x

I'm the same, if I wasn't on this forum wouldn't know a lot... I had to probe my midwife to tell me what shes jotting down.

It's as if they think us silly pregnant women can't process medical terms. I just want to know whats happening to my body lol

I didnt have any internal checks at mine. She did confirm he was head down though which she refused to confirm at any previous appointments. Oh and she went through birth plan too. Apart from that it was same as all my other appointments.

I didn't have an internal check until I was in labour and I had no choice cos they won't let you in the water without knowing you are a min of 5cm dilated.

If they did want to do an internal, they can't do it without permission anyway, so just say no if you don't want it.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I don't think they would do an internal till 40 odd week's or while possibly in labour!

My 36 wk was with the GP she felt for position and baby head.

Xx

It's unlikely she'll ever check you internally- until you're at least 40 weeks

She'll just measure bump and have a feel as to how engaged bubs is. Technically you're not full term yet so she won't want to intervene down there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back