35 week baby movements

samanthajayne

Reaction score
my baby is being so bad to me lately and i swear he thouroughly enjoys scaring his mummy :cry: now i'm 35 weeks is it normal to not feel any movements for a few hours at a time?

sometimes he stays very quiet through the day, especially if he's been really active the day before, and sometimes its all night i don't feel him moving. last night i don't recall feeling him move at all during the night even when i woke for the toilet and when i woke at 10 this morning he still wasn't moving around. i lay there for a while on my left side pushing him about and nothing so i sat up and still he wouldn't move. it was getting on for half an hour and i was getting all panicky and on the verge of crying thinking the worst when he started moving and he hasn't stopped moving since then but i was so worried thinking the worst. is this normal baby behaviour?

i still find myself sleeping on my tummy sometimes and on my back and i do get worried i'm going to squish him or cut off his oxygen in the night somehow and with him not moving when i wake up sometimes i get scared thats whats happened :cry:

:hug: Not sure if it's normal or not but I get that too sometimes, my midwife said it's probably when she's going through a growth spurt and she always moves just as I'm getting worried enough to call someone! If you're worried give your midwife a call, it will put your mind at ease :hug:

I get no movements during the night time too- sometimes I ake in a real panic but I find LO moves a lot if I eat breakfast. I've noticed quite a change in movements at th moment too- maybe it's the stage we are at?

Alex xxx

I think nearer the end they say that the baby moves less as he will have less room to move. I think if he doesnt move for a while he is probably just sleeping or resting or in a comfy position. If he starts moving again and you can feel him moving then he is obviously ok coz otherwise he wouldnt be moving at all.
Also i know what you mean about laying on your tummy thing. I lay on my side at night and sometimes i feel like im rolling on to my tummy and i feel like im squishing her! I wonder where she goes because i think if theres not much room in there and i lay on my side or tummy then where will she go? Will she just get squished and stop breathing? :wall: It really scares me although people always say baby is fine and cushioned etc i still dont like laying on her i feel like im squashing her bones or something :oops: Sounds silly i know but just thought would let you know you arent the only one! :hug:

I'm only at 31 weeks but I got told off for not asking my midwife right away about this. It turned out everything was fine, but they say if you can't provoke movements and it feels different you should definitely at least call someone for advice. Also, the baby is still not really "breathing" so I don't think you have to worry about cutting off their oxygen. They still get it from the umbilical cord and they are so well packed in their I think the only way you could squish them or cut off the oxygen is by clamping the cord and putting lead weights on your tummy!

Tally has had longer periods of quiet during the day the past few weeks. Shes not a night time mover anyway but i've notices longer sleeping periods during normal day time.
As long as i get the usual extended period of activity on an evening i dont worry about her.

However you should never be concerned about ringing your midwife if it feels different for u, even if all she does is have a feel herself and listen to babies heart rate it'll give u peace of mind :hug:

thankyou all so much for your replies :hug:

i know i shouldn't but i've always felt like i'd be bothering the midwife and wasting her time if i were to ring her over what i think could be nothing even though i know thats what they are there for.

i like to think of this forum as my helpline when i have a little problem or experience something strange as the chances are we all have experienced it at some point and its always good and reassuring to know that but obvioulsy if something was really wrong and i felt ill or had pain then i would ring someone.

i have poked bump and told him he was naughty for scaring mummy :lol: now i feel kind of bad as he may have been sleeping and i woke him up trying to make him move :doh: can't win here as i panic when he doesn't move then when he does i worry i have upset him by waking him up :rotfl: :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back