33 week MW appointment yesterday

nikkix

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well had my 33 weeks MW appt yesterday and BP and urine was perfect, baby was very happy and his HB was perfect. He is now measuring 32 weeks so only 1 week small so he has had a bit of a growth spurt! Only bad thing is that he is still breech and doesnt look very likely that he is going to turn as he has been like this for a few months now but you never know. Im getting on all fours everyday trying to encourage him. Gotta go back in 2 weeks and if he is still breech then I have to go for a presentation scan to check. If that shows he is breech then they will book me in for a c-section at 38 weeks so not too sure how I feel about that at the moment. Start my ante-natal classes on thursday though so looking forward to that

It just shows how differently they do things depending on the area of the country you live in!!

I had to go for a presentation scan - but at 37 weeks (last week), they offered to try and turn my baby, which is an option I was told you have to be offered - many ladies have this done with great success - but again it depends on the area where you live. Did they not mention External Versions to you?......if this doesnt work then you are normally booked in for a c-section, in my area its at 39 weeks, as they like bubs to grow as much as possible first!

Hey you still have another few weeks for bubs to turn yet...........mines still breech though :D

She didnt even mention trying to turn him but I have read about it. She said they wouldnt do a c-section any later than 38 weeks as its too dangerous incase you go into labour early. Im getting on all fours every day to try and get him to turn! I am a bit worried about having a section but Id rather LO was ok. If your LO doesnt turn then I hope yours goes okay xx

Did you not want them to try and turn your LO? xx

We decided against it as my LO is so tightly tucked under my ribs there was the danger of them cracking, plus my DH was breech and was turned, and turned back breech again - I just know this LO is going to be as stubborn as his father.........I know quite a few people who have had success with it though, and it would definitely be worth investigating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back