3 days to ov according to ticker, opk no lines

leesey

Reaction score
Well, title says it, according to my ticker I have 3 days til ov, but that's at the extreme (cycles vary), so could ov anytime between tomorrow and sunday.
This is my first cycle using opks and I've been testing every day for the last 4 days with nothing, control line only not a whiff of even a faint line.
If I'm to expect a positive opk in the next two days, shouldn't I at least be getting a faint line by now?
I'm so worried that I'm not going to get a + at all :(

Last edited:
Hi,

i have been using OPKs and i have found that i get nothing not even the lightest of lines then i will have a feint line for two days then my positive some months i get pain so i think that is me ovulating.

I thought i was doing something wrong (i still do sometimes) so i changed the time of day i tested stopped drinking for hours before hand but nothing made a difference always the same as above!

Note sure i have been any help at all sorry!

Hope you get your positive soon!

x

Never mind, I think I just wasn't leaving them long enough. I followed all the instructions on the packet and it said check after two minutes, so that's what I've been doing. Had the idea of checking them again (bin raking!) and right enough 3 out of the last 4 have a faint line, tonight's being the strongest I'm assuming.

Obviously they're still negative, but good to know the lines are getting stronger, meaning I'm on my way to ov thankfully. Was quite worried it wasn't going to show!!

Anyway, got a pic of the last 4, would be good to know if people can see them getting stronger so I know I'm checking them right. Didn't put them in order though, so we could make it into a guessing game for CD13,14,15+16!!

Attachments

• IMG_20110909_000428.jpg
    IMG_20110909_000428.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20110909_0004281.jpg
    IMG_20110909_0004281.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 3
Have you thought of getting a clearblue digital one?

I used cheapies since cd6 and from cd12 i used cheapies and cb digital. My lines on cheapies were faint but the digi gives you a smily face when ovulating. I got my first smiley yesterday even thou the cheapies were still very faint.

xxx

Really wouldn't watch the ticker for ov! You can ovulate at different times some cycles, mines never right really, always out by a day or so! I use the cheapies and I normally get lines like u have the bam! Positive or maybe a fainter line in the morning and then I know to test on the evening and it's normally positive. I don't find a have a gradual build uP at all x

Yeah definitely getting darker. I'll maybe post today's and tomorrow's so you can tell me when you think they're +?

Attachments

• IMG_20110909_141514.jpg
    IMG_20110909_141514.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 3
Oh looking good leesey! Test later on this eve about 6:30-7pm? I normally test at around 12 then test again later good luck hunny, I would bed today if I was you ;) x

Hi everyone, (i left a post about this elsewhere).
This is my first month using OPK's started testing on CD10 and nothing until CD 13 and got a barely there faint line, then on CD 14 line was stronger but not as strong as Control line, then on CD 15 line was much fainter. Was CD 14 my surge? I'm after testing again there, so will see CD 16 in a few mins. What happens after OV. Do lines go away again until next cycle? Been BDn the last few nights just incase. If i don't get BFP this month will definitely try digi thingame. Good luck everyone with BFP's!!!

Leelee I think some people have been saying it all depends what time you pee and how much you've had to drink which might dilute it. It might be that CD14 was your day, but it depends how long your cycles are. That would be too early for me since I have longish cycles, but it might be perfectly normal for you.

Leesey,
Thanks for the advice. I was following the instructions watching fluid intake and all. My cycle is usually between 27 and 30 days. Tested again there and no line at all now. FXd!!. And sure if it doesn't pan out this month i will def get clear blue digi. Good luck everyone and plenty of BABYDUST this weekend!!

Taken tonight at 11.25pm of all times - the strongest yet!

I'm all preseeded up and hoping for some action tonight :p :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_20110909_233643.jpg
    IMG_20110909_233643.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 6
Today's result:
Should it get lighter or disappear after the egg is released?

Attachments

• IMG_20110910_144122.jpg
    IMG_20110910_144122.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 6
That last one looks very positive, I don't know about when they disappear but usually u just stop testing after the pos! I got my pos opk today, so we are 2ww buddies! Counting tomorrow as 1dpo, lots of baby dust to us :dust: xx

Last edited:
That last one looks very positive, I don't know about when they disappear but usually u just stop testing after the pos! I got my pos opk today, so we are 2ww buddies! Counting tomorrow as 1dpo, lots of baby dust to us :dust: xx
I'm gonna test every day til AF because I've tested every day this cycle so far. Sounds silly I know but just wanting to get a full picture.

I think I obviously surge and ovulate late in the day, since I got my surge between 11pm/11am and then started getting ov pains at about 5pm.
So I'm counting tomorrow as 1dpo too but it appears like my body doesn't go in normal day clocks. I did another test at half 7 and it was lighter, even tho my pee was quite dark (not diluted) so I think that my positive has been and gone and I can assume I've ovulated.

Which is good cos we dtd this morning :D

Might have to change our bd habits to catch that egg, my body clock works the wrong way round!

Last edited:
PS I love having a 2ww buddy!! FX and babydust :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back