• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

25 wk MW appt - ok but feeling deflated

orangefluff

Reaction score
Well, I'm going to join Munchkin in not having a very good MW appt today - was really looking forward to it as well!

It wasn't my usual MW but a bit of an old bag who was quite abrupt and just wanted me in and out it felt. No small talk and I didn't feel I really wanted to talk to her about my questions about a couple things that have been bothering me.

She asked if I'd booked in for my GTT (what's that I asked) - Glucose Tolerance Test yet - I said I'd hd it weeks ago and showed her the referral letter and told her the results haad come back clear. Now, apparently I wasnt supposed to have it so early (at 14 wks) but am supposed to be having it around now. So I've got to have it again - fantastic - it ws horrible and made me feel really sick last time - they want me to have it on the same day as my Anti-D as well so a double whammy.

She took my blood pressure, measured my tummy and listened to bubs hb (which she found straight away and sounded great) all without a word so I had to ask if it was all normal (yes). Urine normal too.

Felt quite flustered and after booking next appt (in 3 weeks time) I was hurried out the door - got to the car & realised I'd completely forgotten to ask for Mat B1 & HIP forms. Had to go back and was made to feel like I was putting them out (must have been wanting to go home I guess).

I cant even remember now all the different departments I've got to ring tomorrow to try and sort my appts out and just feel quite deflated and a bit rubbish :(

Oh and she was like 'oh you've everything wrong haven't you' when she realised I'm at risk of diabetes through family history, am Rhesus negative and have low lying placenta..... I though I was doing quite well and none of these things have really bothered me too much so far..... :(

At lest bubs is ok though so I shouldn't feel sorry for myself.

Last edited:
:hug:awww hun, hope your next appt goes better hun, don't let them get you down xxx

aww wot a cow!!

i had my GTT yesterday and got told if they do them b4 28weeks, and its clear its "more likely" to be clear again, but dont take my word for this,

how rude of her to try and ship u out, i understand we all have bad days wen patients/clients/ service users what ever annoy us, but really need to focus on each person as a indervidual and have a bit of a chat at least, even if she didnt care!!

better luck next time hun

xxx

Sorry your appointment wasn't great either. I had my 25 week appointment today which also wasn't brilliant - very quick!

I'm just hoping the next one is better - only 3 weeks to wait!

aaawww hunni... not you too :-( must be a national "bad day" with midwives lol ;-) hope your next appointment goes alot better. I have to wait 4 weeks as she wouldn't book me in the week of my GTT and before I see the consultant - she said there was no point so they would see me the following week! Ah well. It'll be MY normal midwife then so hopefully it'll be alot better :) xx

Oh that sounds a bit rubbish for you. I dont have a 25 week appt - in my area do a 21 weeks and then a 28 weeks, feels like ages since I have been able to see and speak to any health care people - not that anything is wrong but always feels like a nice milestone to get to midwife appointments!

I'm the same Frankie , I had 17 weeks , and then next is 28 weeks! I think I will just deliver the baby myself , as I seem to care more that the people at my docs ! (bad feeling I know!).

I actually think its maddness that they give us all £190 quid for attending out appointments in pregnancy, and yet they hardley see us nowadays! , been weighed once, had boods taken once, and BP taken once , other than scans, which are more for baby than you, 7 months pregnant and that's all you get!! strange

Hope your next appointment goes better and perhaps that lady will be off then and your get someone nice who is willing to give you the time to answer questions

Last edited:
sorry about all the bad appointments ad today x

ive not seen my midwife since 15 weeks and seeing her next week so been 10 weeks seems like ages ago xx

Hope you get your mw next time hun, some can make you feel so down!.. It's such a special time for us ladies, they should be a lot more considerate! :hug: xx

It's pant when this happens I am erally luck everyone at the hosssie says I have the best midwife and I missed her holidays. Emotionally we're a bit up and downy usually and it's 1 more thing you don't need.

I do understand though one of the practice nurses is horrible and I avoid her like the plague lol

Aw how rubbish :( Hopefully next time you'll see a nice one!

I have my 25 week appointment tomorrow and not really looking forward to it now as you all seemed to not had a great time.
In our area we have to have the 25 week with our GP and only available if it is our first baby.

she sounds like she was a right cow hun, hope you next appointment goes well ((hugs)) xxx

I have my 25 week appointment tomorrow and not really looking forward to it now as you all seemed to not had a great time.
In our area we have to have the 25 week with our GP and only available if it is our first baby.

Hey love don't worry I think we must have just had bad luck or the MW's were all having a bad day! Hope it goes well for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back