23 weeks spotting???? :(

mumbum

Reaction score
hi ladies.
am a little concerned after visiting the loo tonight....nothing major but when i wiped there was a pinky discharge to start. then after getting a wet wipe to check again there was a browny pink discharge with threads of brighter red mucus like in it. (apologies for tmi) but nothing in pants or toilet? has anyone else any experience of this? ive put a liner on and hoping thats it but a tad paranoid.. could it be thrush? i dont get it usually?

hi i had/having this through out my pregnacy whenever this happens to me I need to go get the anti d jab ..do u know ur blood group ? i got told it can b normal i just need the anti d due to being blood group A -

I've had three heavy bleeds and on and off spotting since 15 weeks. I've had scans and everything seems to have been ok for me. I think the fact that you had some brown blood in there is a good sign as it signifies old blood.

You've probably heard me say this before but our cervix's get very vascular due to increased blood flow down there and as such spotting/bleeds are more common than we realise. It could be thrush or just an irritated blood vessel thats bled.

I know it can be a worry. I would however keep and eye on it, if you get any more or any discomfort phone your midwife or the triage nurse on your maternity unit for some more advise.

I report mine everytime just so that they have a record in my notes, they usually tell me not to worry and only to call if it gets heavier, enough to fill a pad.
xx

Last edited:
well just to update... it stopped after a couple of hours which was a big relief and so far nothing else in the way of spotting. it may be down to the fact i have placenta previa as i have read that bleeds are more common with this. just have to keep an eye on it and will tell mw when i see her so its recorded.

i had bleeding with my first pregnancy at 10wks for a couple of weeks and all was fine so maybe im just a bleeder!

I had this all the way through with my 4 year old, I spent nearly every week in assessment unit having anti d because of my blood group. As long as baby is ok then it's probably an erosion like I had all the way through. If you are concerned huni go to the pregnancy assessment unit and get them to listen to the baby. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back