I would spell it brody.
my little girl is called Tegan but nearly everybody spells it teagan Until i correct them x

I would spell it with a y too even though ie would be fine too x x

For some reason I find the spelling with a Y makes it more manly... I have no idea why. Love the name though!

Both are nice :)
Sorry that was no help :blush: x

Sent from my gorgeous iPhone 4S

Lol thanks girls. I prefer with my too :good: xxx

For some reason, I see Brody to be spelt better for a boy, and Brodie for a girl

For some reason, I see Brody to be spelt better for a boy, and Brodie for a girl

I was going to say that, my name is Jodie, but my friend (male) with the same name is Jody, so I would think the same for Brodie / Brody too x

I was just reading 'baby names for dummies' and it said that for unisex names the y spelling is the most common for boys followed by ey, ie and ee are more common for girls.

That is funny, I know a few Brodys and they are all spelled with 'y' :)

I would say that Brody is for a boy and Brodie is more of a girls spelling. Mums can be funny about names, the names we've chosen have several different spellings and I know my mum will comment on the spelling we pick! x x x

Thanks! I'm tempted to show her this thread! She even said she didn't know any Brody's and how it's not majorly common so how she'd know the correct spelling is beyond me lol.

xx

I would spell Brody for a boy - I had this on my shortlist too as my OH's grandad was called Broderick. I did read somewhere that Brodie is an old Scottish name for girls so thats why I wouldnt spell a boys name this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back