20 week scan question(s)

jennifer1981

Reaction score
I've got my 20 week scan tomorrow and im just wondering how long it takes and do they talk you through what they're checking for?

ALso i wanted to take my mum as well as my partner - will this be allowed?

Thanks, Jen x

Hey, at my hospital they only let you take one person in with you (unless one is a child). But it's worth asking, you never know!

My scan took about 15 minutes but i think time varies depending on how well baby behaves and how long it takes them to look at what they need to.

They will talk you through what they see and point out vital organs etc and if you have any questions about what you are seeing i'm sure they will answer them.
Also don't worry if they don't say anything for a few minutes, they are just finding what they are looking for and are concentrating!

Enjoy your scan!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was only allowed one other person (apart from me :lol:)

It took about 20 minutes to half an hour but I had a girl who was just learning and she couldn't find some bits so the other one had to have a go and get the required measurements. Much better than my 12 week scan where I was in out and in less than 2 minutes!

Enjoy it - only thing is u get a sore neck after lying at a funny angle looking as the screen :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back