20 week scan :) Midwife appointment :(

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I went for my scan this morning and just before I was called in by the sonographer the midwife asked to see me, i really wasnt expecting it so my heart skipped a beat! We went into her room and sat down, it started 'we have your blood results and...' at this point i was so scared! She continued and i am not immune to rubella, she said it can only cause problems with the baby in the first 12 weeks but its still pretty scary as they are rife at the moment plus im anemic again, hello horrible iron tablets :( i half expected this in a way as i had really bad anemia with Adam.
After that we went into the scan room and seen our little miss again (she definetly is a little miss) the sonographer checked everything and she is measuring a little bit bigger than my dates, heres some pics :D x x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308067805.295843.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308067805.295843.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 22
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308067843.606973.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308067843.606973.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 17
Lovely pics again M2A! Sorry to hear about the immunity thing and anaemia but at least those can be dealt with and that LO is ok! I hadn't realised that you can lose your rubella immunity until MW explained but luckily mine is still there. MW said to me that baby would be ok if you got it after 12 weeks but obviously wouldn't be nice!! Fingers crossed that all remains fine for you from now on........they don't give you another vaccine until after the birth do they??

Glad all went ok hun... as for iron tablets, you can get liquid iron if that'll appeal to you a bit more? xx

Great piccies hun, sorry to hear about the bad news from the midwife, I guess you'll just have to try to stay safe :hug: xx

Thanks ladies, she was waving while the sonographer was trying to get the measurements :)
Mum2b410 - no cant have the MMR jab till 6 weeks after shes born so im just going to have to be extra careful, wasnt what i wanted to hear with me going away on Friday!
Thanks for the tip on liquid iron Lauren, im not to bad taking them, its the effects they have, not nice x x

I know what you mean about the effects of the iron tablets, not too nice like! Also I'm not immune to rubella either but mw says its okay and I'll get the injection after birth. The joys eh! Xx

Oh right, yeh I didn't think you were allowed anything until after.......try to stay positive hun, infections like the measles are much better controlled these days. Keeping fingers crossed for you xxxxx

I'm not immune to Rubella either, well I don't think so anyway.
Glad your scan went well hun :) Take care of yourself xxx

Glad little miss is ok !! lovely pics ! wil u have to take the iron tablets till the end ? xxxx

M2A lovely pics!! Hope you won't have too much bother with the iron pills. I don't think you should worry too much about ruebella - it's very rare now, isn't it xx

Shame about the iron tablets but least you got to see your lil miss again x x x

Thanks ladies, yeah ill have to take the iron tablets till shes arrives now, im picking them up tomorrow so atleast ill have them before i go away, im hoping maybe once i start taking them ill start to have a little bit more energy and i can then stop taking pregnacare and having bright yellow wee! x x

She is too cute!

Lovely pics - your pic has a little nub like in my pic but I would have thought that made me Team Blue... Now I'm thinking, am I Team Pink? x

Glad your little miss was all good today, maybe you will go a bit early if she's measuring a little bigger! Hopefully the iron and rubella immunity will be ok x

lovely pics hon! I agree with the other girls - luckily rubella is quite rare these days so you should be fine, and all being well the iron tablets will make you feel a bit more energergised. Great that you can go away on hols now rest assured that all is well with your little miss :) x x

So pleased your scan went well hun. Sorry to hear about your immunity and low iron but it's good that they've caught it and you can now be careful xxx

Aw gorgeous pics :love: hopefully you'll have more energy with the iron tablets xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back