2 weeks of no sleep but formula has saved the day!

ForestLas80

Reaction score
Oh my goodness we've had a tough old couple of weeks. F had started sleeping from 10pm-6am without needing food-a miracle! Then I got a throat infection and after 5 days F got I'll :-( he then woke every 2 hrs in the night for food....he got better but he didn't go back to how he was and was waking and feeding like a newborn. I then got a V&D bug over Easter :-( and had to keep bf-ing and waking through the night which near killed me! I was worried after 4 months of bf-ing I would have to pack it in but I don't want to yet! 6 months is my goal.
My DH was been wanting me to let him give him formula feed before bed to see if that helps him sleep but I massively resisted that......until now.
At this health and energy low I agreed to it and low and behold LO has gone back to sleeping from his 10pm feed with one bf feed only at 2.30(which I can cope with fine)....nice one formula. One bottle at night has meant I can get better again, not feel so knackered and not need to give up breastfeeding :)
Also just realised I can have a sneaky night out soon and leave DH in charge to do bed feed and the 2.30 feed with formula and I can feed him my morning milk.
This situation was also confounded by my little man growing through a growth spurt and feeding for ages at each session. He is now 15lb9 at 16weeks :)

Great news Hun :)
I must admit I'm kind of jealous! I tried a formula feed at night in the hope it would help him sleep longer unfortunately it didn't work and he still woke every 2 hrs (occasional 2.5-3 hr gap)
How much does your lo have, sam would only take between 1.5-2.5 oz?
X

How much does your lo have, sam would only take between 1.5-2.5 oz?
X

Thank you Sue...sorry it hasn't worked for u with Sam yet. Fin only just in the last of couple of weeks started taking milk from a bottle properly so can now drink 6-7.5oz at the 10pm feed. There's hope that Sam will get his head around taking more from the bottle if u persevere. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back