• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2 week wait question

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
I have a 2 ww question for all other TTC's

Do you / should you avoid the things you need to avoid while PG? E.g prawns, alcohol, pate etc?

We are going out for a meal tonight to celebrate finding a house and getting the offer accepted. I am wonder what others do? I have been avoiding prawns in my sandwich during 2 ww just in case BUT I Am conscious it can take us a long time.

Thanks

Its personal choice really....but I wasnt avoiding anything but then I dont think I was eating any risky foods anyway. I dont think it would do much harm but if you feel more reassured about it then id just avoid them

I would personally carry on as normal until you get your BFP........!

I even carried on drinking, albeit not heavily when I was in the 2 WW, more a glass or 2 of wine with dinner!

I know everybody feels different about this but my view is carry on as normal which for me is drinking at the weekends (and I smoke when I drink :doh: ) and eating what I like...

But then you could be trying for a while and life is for living! xx

I agree with Ejjie, if we put absolutely everything on hold 'just in case' it would be quite boring.

I tend to drink still but only in moderation, I don't get absolutely caned any more. I am sure it won't hurt that much to eat what you want now and then.

i tend to put my life on hold in the 2ww like no or little alcohol but what for i do not know!! going out for a drink tonight! everything in moderation eh!!

congratulations great news for you, go and celebrate xx

ejjie said:
I know everybody feels different about this but my view is carry on as normal which for me is drinking at the weekends (and I smoke when I drink :doh: ) and eating what I like...

But then you could be trying for a while and life is for living! xx

From someone who has been trying for 18mths now I definately agree with ejjie.
I used to try and avoid stuff in the 2ww but not now lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back