2 subjects

farls

Reaction score
first of all, this is my second baby and i had braxton hicks the first time but they did not hurt. Yesterday i can quite honestly say i thought i had gone into labour as pain was that intence. it has settled down quite a bit but i got the fright of my life as its far to soon for LO to be coming. Anyone else having painful braxton hicks?
second thing is i want to hire a tens ( i used one first time but they gave me it at hospital) hopefully it will help me stay at home a little longer. Where can u get one? does midwife hire that sort of thing?
i know mothercare hire them, anyone know of anywhere else?

hey
my braxton hicks are getting more intense too... but they are not painful just feel really tight and kind of take my breath away..

sometimes when they are a bit strong i think shit this is it :roll:

:hug:

Hi

This is my first baby so I cant help on the first subject sorry! But I saw in my local Tesco (at the medical counter) that they also hire TENS machines, not sure how much but being Tesco probably not too pricey, wonder if you get clubcard points??!! :dance:

Hi,

Yep i have had painfull BHicks. First time in any pregnancy, i get low down pain and back-ache with them and they can last some lenght of time.

Hi Farls

Sorry to hear about your BH being painful. I never got these first time around and don't think I have so far with this pregnancy :think:

I got a leaflet about TENS with the Bounty pack. Can't find it now unfortunately but I'm sure Boots also hire them out. Also if you Google it you'll find quite a few online sites offering hire. Here's one:-

http://www.tens.co.uk/acatalog/Obstetric_TeNS_Hire.html

I hope this helps with your BH. :)

:hug:

Hiya

I hired my tens machine from www.babycaretens.com - used them last time and had great service - found them to be cheaper than mothercare too (though I didn't shop around this time so mothercare may be cheaper now....)

My BH are strong and frequent but definitely not painful - just uncomfortable especially if I'm driving and can't 'walk it off'....

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back