Help with breastfeeding

Kina said:
I feel that maybe our expectations of how often a baby should feed are not set correctly when we have a baby? I didn't realise that it was normal for a breastfed baby to nurse every couple of hours at first. :)

hear hear ! My only experience previously had been bottlefed babies (not my own) doing their 4 hourly feed. The shock of bf along with the birth threw me but this time im feel im ready for it. You are doing fab.

Hiya Evadel.
Brody also only fed for 5-10 minutes when he was that age. It can be very tiring but I just wanted to say you are doing GREAT, well done!
I still demand feed and he has gradually spaced out the feeds on his own.

Keep up the good work, the weight gain is excellent and just goes to show how efficient at feeding they can be to get plenty of milk in 5 minutes!

Hi

Things are kind of the same. Im trying to wake her up more though when feeding so she is feeding for longer than 5 mins, probably now about 10 minutes, then I undress her and tickle her constantly.

I was at rock bottom yesterday and my DH gave her a formula bottle which she quite enjoyed I think and certainly filled her up as she slept for 4 hours. I expressed the feed she would of missed to keep up my flow and have not given her formula since but will probably later on.

Isabella 5lb 12oz, 13/07/06 - 37+1 weeks

Hi again
Could your OH give the the milk you express in the evening so you can get some sleep?
Well done for keeping it up, you are doing everything right so just stick with it! Try to rest when the she sleeps and let the housework go for a while. These first few weeks are so precious, rest when you can so you can enjoy it while it lasts. :)

Could your OH give the the milk you express in the evening so you can get some sleep?

That's what my DH did for a while - I'd express a feed and he'd give her it during the night :)

My DH tried to give her the expressed milk last night but she was not having any of it

my mates dh used to put the baby on my mate whilst she was still asleep,thats one way to go about sharing the feeds

my husband does that too. Bless him. Hes a wonderful latcher on :cheer:

Eveadel said:
My DH tried to give her the expressed milk last night but she was not having any of it

That's weird that she would take formula but not EBM from him, I suppose she could have been really hungry when she took the formula but more after comfort feeding when he tried with the EBM?

loulou1980 said:
my mates dh used to put the baby on my mate whilst she was still asleep,thats one way to go about sharing the feeds

same here, when I have been asleep and OH has looked after Sseren he just puts her next to me and she latches on :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back