2 due dates???!!!

girlygirl

Reaction score
Hi

is anyone confused by their die dates?my widwife gave me 5th Feb, however from my scans i have 9th Feb. Im going by 9th feb as i have a longer than 28 day cycle so think that was about right.
Confusing,which one do you go by?
Got appt with mw next weekill have to ask....anyone else got the same?

if going by my lmp i am due 20th april but by my scan its 27th and seen as thats on my notes i have to go by that :)
manda xx

My lmp date is for the 27th of Jan I think.. but my scans say 19th of Jan.... doesn't matter because it might be that little miss might come early now anyways... :roll:

Go by the first date of your last period and youl havw the correct date, they got mine wrong.

I was always taught to take lmp if patient was sure and only change the date from the scan if it was out by more than a week - only 20 % of babies come on their date anyway - it is really a due month 2 weeks either side of dd but you need a rough date for deciding induction etc if you go over

doesnt really matter what date you go by.. the baby probably wont come on either.. it can come from 37-42 weeks.. my scan also says baby is measuring 2 days bigger than my lmp.. but mws are going with my lmp.. im going with the scan.. as my daughter was early..

so pick the one you want to as your due date...and put a guess it will come around 40ish weeks..

Squiglet said:
My lmp date is for the 27th of Jan I think.. but my scans say 19th of Jan.... doesn't matter because it might be that little miss might come early now anyways... :roll:

My birthday is the 23rd January so aim for that date if you can.!!! :rotfl:

My due date is on 20th April. OH wants me to hold it in so it's born on his birthday 2 days later :lol:

Fertility friend worked out my due date as 19th April, doctor worked it our from my LMP as 20th April, and scan said 21st April, so w're going for the middle one.

It's only a rough guide anyway, James was born at 38 weeks.

my GP worked mine out as April 9th, but he didnt ask how many days were in my cycle (more than 28, more like 33) Then my scan said i was due on April 13th which i thought was a lot more accurate. My GP got a bit huffy and said if theres less than a weeks difference then we have to go by the origional due date
c024.gif

I think im gonna stick with my scan date though. Im sure its right and my gp's wrong....bit too scared to tell him that though, lol, i'll have to have a word with my MW but i wont be seeing her again for aaaaaaaaaaaaages.

That's the problem with the way gp's work it out, they don't take your cycle length into consideration, or when you ovulated.
I expect fertility friends date is the most accurate for me cos I was charting the month I fell pg

my cycle was about 32days so if im 4 days over a 28 day cycle then my scan date is correct?!
Oh ill stick with them dates as ive told ppl the 9th now. my mum will panic if i say the 5th as its her 60th on the 6th and shes in Spain and wants to celebrate there :lol: she flying home when i give her a call when i drop.

I know my dates are correct baby due 23rd March, as we only had sex once that month! but my scan reckons I am a week ahead. I think the baby is a bit bigger than most! The sonographer said they give it a week either way without changing dates.

I am sticking with the 23rd march! Easter sunday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back