• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2 - 3 week delay for scans

Heatherb

Reaction score
Hi all,

I rang the hospital antenatal dept today to see if they had any details of when my 12 week scan would be (can't stand waiting for appointments!).

I spoke to the senior midwife, who was really lovely and helpful, and she took my details and rang me back.

She said that I wasn't on the system yet, but that they were experiencing a 2 - 3 week delay on all scans at the moment, and so I wasn't likely to get an appointment will 13-14 weeks, and I won't know when it will be until a few days beforehand.

This is really disappointing. I will be 12 weeks on monday, and I really wanted to get a date sorted so that my OH can get time off work. Looks like he probably won't be able to come with me now. Don't know how I will juggle it if it coincides with dd's school times!!

Just a bit of a moan.

Heather x

Sorry for your disappointment Heather - I'm desparate for a scan - I feel like I've been pregnant for months already time is going so slowly!

I can't believe they don't give you more notice than a couple of days - that isn't on.

Soory I haven't got anything constructive to say - just so as you know you're not alone :hug: :hug:

that is really disappointing sorry chicken :hug:

Was the same at my hospital - 3 week delay, i called them every 3 days trying to find out and kept being told they hadnt received the request or that it was sitting in the 'pile'
Anyway, had my '12 week' scan on Monday and I was 14 weeks....definately worth phoning them and asking if they can 'look' to find it and book it over the phone to find convenient time :)

oh hun sorry hope you get your scan soon its a pain when your 12 weeks and they cant do it till a few weeks later. hope you get it soon xx :hug:

Same here, booking appoint with MW on 2nd Nov and was told first available scan date was 24th Nov :shock:

So i should have had my first scan tomoz and would be 14wk 6d,but because of a bleed i was scanned a couple of weeks back. So i just have to go form filling tomoz now, not scan.

I wouldn't be happy with that!

Hopefully they may get you in soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back