12 week scan at 11.5 weeks???

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hi everybody

I was hoping someone may have had the same and give me a little advice?

I have my 12 week scan booked for next Thursday but i will only be 11 and a half weeks. I know that i will be 11.5 weeks by next week as ive had 3 scans already due to bleeding and hospital have confirmed my due date e.tc

Will they still class this as the 12 week scan or will they possible ask me back in again a week later to make sure everything is ok? Im just worried as between 11.5 weeks and 12 weeks something may happen & if i get no symptoms they will not pick up on any bad news till the 20 week scan.

I know it only a couple of days difference but i cant help but worry.

Tiggy xxx

I can't imagine the 2/3 days will be enough for them to want to scan you again if they get a good clear picture but I can understand how it will make the wait between 12 and 20 seem that bit longer.

Perhaps thre's another take on things. You will have a great deal of reassurance a couple of days sooner and 2 days later you'll be past the high risk stage (although the risks must fade with each week up to week twelve because they're not going to suddenly disappear over night - so you're almost there anyway). If there is anything they'll need to look at they'll know that bit sooner giving you an advantage, and you know from your experience that they'll rescan if you have any problems between 12 and 20.

The time between 12 and 20 weeks is 2 months, rather than the worrying 3 you've both already come through, on top of that you're going to know that the risk in second tri are much lower. Maybe it will give you a space of time to enjoy things without the ups and downs you've faced so far - that might be a pleasant feeling rather than a dragging wait.

I think in reality it could be a bonus to have the scan a few days early...

Just a thought

Hiya
They will class it as your 12 week scan, a few days won't make any difference at all.

Lots of people only have the "12 week" scan and when they get there their dates are wrong and they are really 10 or 13 weeks, usually they will still only have this one scan still. Try not to worry :)

that will be your 12 week scan hun. It's only 2 or 3 days so it won't make any difference.

I had a dating scan at 9w2d and because of that I didn't have any other scans until 20 weeks, so you're fortunate you've had so many.

It's natural to worry, but it really shoudn't make any difference.

K.xx

They say once they can hear the heartbeat at around 10 weeks then theres a good chance for bub so try not to worry...

x

NO FAIR..lol...man im soo jealous u get your 12 week scan...I am just still in awe that they won't give me one until 20 weeks :(

you should be lucky that youve had 3 scans and still get one near 12 weeks

i had an early scan due to bleeding at 9 weeks , i now dont get a scan till 16 or 20

my doctor told me they dont bother with a 12 week scan, they would do it later than that as they can see more then....and seeing as im working away from home they said wait til i get back at 16 weeks before my first scan!!!!! No way am i waiting that long so i'll be paying for a private scan at 12 weeks. Im not impressed with my first ever experience of NHS antenatal care!

Well I just had my dating scan at 8 weeks 6 days, my dates according to my notes were a bit off cos the doc wasnt interested in my charts and I was having long cycles before we concieved, but the midwife who booked me in said they like to see us around 8-10 weeks, then not again until 20!

So this 12 and 20 week thing is by no means set in stone and it feels like a lifetime till my 20 week scan!!

I am telling myself that we have reassurance early now so maybe I can not worry too much a bit sooner than if we had to wait till 12 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back