1st midwife app

bravachick

Reaction score
mornin ladies....im 6 weeks n 2 days preggies...when will i see midwife? My doc told me she would delay sending my details to the midwife for a bit as i miscarried last month n got caught straight away....so was wondering..when do you usually see midwife 1st....last time i saw one was 6 years ago..ive slept since then!

I think the average is around 8 weeks, but it does vary depending on where you live. Each health authority seem to make up their own rules!

Morning! :wave: I have got my first appoinment next thursday when i will be 7 weeks and 2 days hope this helps xx

I have got my first m/w appt on fri when I will be 6weeks and 5 days.

I think it may vary according to where you live, as in Grimsby where I had my first I saw a m/w at 8 weeks and in York where I had my second I didn't see the m/w till 10 weeks.

my first appointment was at 8 weeks (well they thought it was 8, turns out now I was actually 10)

They just did paperwork really, not half as exciting as I thought it was going to be :shakehead:

my first appointment is on the 9th oct, so thats about 9 weeks.
im in the blackpool area

x

Hi, whereabouts in West Yorkshire are you??

Im in the Dewsbury are and not seeing a midwife till 11 weeks, its going to be agony waiting that long.

Hi - just found this site so excuse me butting in :) I am nearly 9 weeks in my sixth pregnancy and got my first appointment tomorrow - basically because had 2 miscarriages and 3 pregnancies with bleeding and so early scans - this one fine so far but keen to have a 12 week scan which I have heard rumoured is routine in Harrogate now so hoping to be referred or will organise a private one - so worried nothing is growing - really want to see it and be reassured - worry with every twinge and ache :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back