18 weeks and still no movement

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
So with this being baby number 5, I thought I'd feel movement at conception ;)
I thought I felt something around 16 weeks but it turned out it was just gas :)

I haven't felt anything yet, no flutters, no tapping, no bubbles - nothing.

I know I have an anterior placenta but thought I would feel something by now???? x

I had an anterior placenta with the twins I only felt movement about 22/23 weeks nothing before that at all. x

I have a low anterior placenta and I did feeling anything until I was halfway through 23 weeks x

Im 21 weeks tomorrow with an anterior placenta have only felt like a kick or movement every now and again and thats when i feel on my tummy, cant wait to feel regular movement xx

Ahh cool, thanks girls.
I've never had an anterior placenta before so it's strange to not have felt anything yet.
I felt my twins really early, something like 15 weeks if I can remember xx

Wow! That's early :)

Can I ask you a question out of curiosity? It's probably the worlds most stupid question but..... When you were having twins, did you feel double the kicks? And what was your labour like with twins?

Tell me to mind my own bloody business as I know it's such a personal question (questions rather :wall2:) but I have always been curious about birthing twins but don't actually know anyone who has twins :roll:

When they both moved it felt horrible, yes it was double the kicks and in completely different places. At times it would feel like they rolled over each other, you know the feeling you get in your tummy when you go over a hill quickly in a car, it felt like that. At times it really hurt.

The delivery was awful. Twin 1 was forceps and episiotomy because they had to get him out quickly as twin 2 was in distress. Twin 2 was a crash section under general anaesthetic as I had a cord prolapse and arm presentation (meaning he was lying sideways in the womb but his hand and cord were popping out of my cervix. It was a truly hideous experience. I lost a lot of blood and needed 2 pints transfusing back in and was in high dependency for a while. Didn't get out of hospital for 2 weeks after. Awful x

Tha labour up until delivery was just like a singleton one btw x

My god cos what a horrible delivery ! I second the double kicks and movement very strange when they move together, pregnancy was very straightforward apart from hypertension which I was monitored for. Delivery was fine half an hour between them, I narrowly missed forceps for twin 2 as he was getting a bit distressed he came out sunny side up but although a little shocked really well. Just wishe they would have treated me like a full term pregnancy ( 37+6 ) instead of freak show with a every man and his dog in there they ruined my labour!

Oh yeah, it was like a train station in my delivery room! x

Oh wow! I just find it so interesting! Thanks for indulging my curiosity girls, it will probaby get me into a lot of trouble some day! :roll:

What a horrendous delivery Cos! You are one brave lady!!

I wasn't brave at the time, it was the most horrible and frightening experience in my whole life. Would not want to repeat it that's for sure x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back